Chapter One

A/N: if you've read this before, you'll notice I've made some changes. I'm going over the first few chapters and editing them so they sound better. There is more fluff and stuff so just going to let you know ahead of time. Thanks for reading, enjoy! ~Inkblotess

*******

The alarm let out the long, shrill, beep as I rolled over in bed. My hand slams down on the off button as I groggily rub my eyes. "Good morning beautiful," my boyfriend Alexander calls from the doorway. "Sleep well?" I nod and stretch my arms as he walks closer. He slides under the covers and holds me for a few minutes. Life is much better than it was two years ago.

(Flashback)

I'm roughly shaken awake after a long night. I look fearfully up into the glittering eyes of the person who abused me the night before. "Good morning, had fun last night with you. Thanks for that." I spit in his face and he scowls. "So that's how you're gonna be? Well, we'll have to fix that." He slams my head against the wooden headboard and I black out.

(End flashback)

I gasp as I exit my flashback and Alex looks at me worriedly. "You okay?"

I nod and force a smile. "Yeah, just a memory."

He gives me a doubting look and rubs my arm. "Are you sure you're okay?" Alex asks, trying to catch my eye.

"I'm fine. I'm gonna go take a shower and clear my head." I tell him, throwing the blankets off me and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You should wear that more often." Alex tells me, brushing my arm with his fingertips, sending shivers up my spine. I look at what I'm wearing; one of his shirts that's way too big for me and really short sleep shorts.

"Yeah? I think it's a little too much skin. Maybe I should think about wearing a turtleneck and pants."

"You'd look nice in that too. I don't think you're showing too much skin, but I've seen you in less." He adds with a wink. I blush at that, remembering that he had walked in on me having a bath once.

"Oh shut up," I tease. "You could've knocked."

Alex laughs to himself. "True, but if I hadn't I wouldn't have known how beautiful you are underneath everything."

I shake my head, my dark hair falling into my face. I lay down, my head on his chest and look at his big hands, intertwining my fingers with his. "You know," I say, dropping my voice to a whisper. "I was going to invite you to shower with me. But now seeing as you're going to be like that, I'm showering alone." I giggle, running for the bathroom.

"Babe! Wait! Please, just give me one second! I'll be right there." He calls after me and I hear his shirt and jeans hit the floor. I reach the bathroom seconds before he does and I shut the door quickly and lock it. Alex hits the door with a 'thump' and an "oww" and I snicker and start the shower water, making sure he hears my clothes hitting the floor right by the door.

"Anna! Let me in! Baby come on."

********

After taking a nice, hot, relaxing shower I change into a long, soft, grey t-shirt and leggings. When I get out of the bathroom, I find Alex pouting on the floor outside the door. He instantly perks up when he sees me, peppering my face with kisses and my neck with soft, needy bites.

"No," I whisper, "I need to make breakfast. What do you want?"

"You." He says, staring into my brown eyes intensely with his hazel ones, making my cheeks burn. My vision falters for a second and I see a little boy trying to ride a bike, then an older version of him at a school talking to friends and lastly me laying crumpled in an alley crying and wishing I'd be taken from this life.

"Pancakes it is." I tell him after a moment of seeing the events, heading towards the kitchen despite his protests.

I love Alex, I owe him my life since he saved mine a few years ago. He'd found me broken and scared and has cared for me since. He's amazing and kind and handsome and smart. Next to him I'm dwarfed by his 6'4" muscular build. We've been there for each other because we're both alone otherwise.

Halfway through making pancakes I feel his arms snake around my waist as he pulls me towards him. I'm momentarily distracted when he nuzzles his face into my neck, groaning slightly.

Finally, I get done with breakfast, leaving it out so we can eat when we're hungry. I grab a book off of the shelf and start reading. Alex soon joins me, sitting on the couch. I lay my head on his thighs, my book held above my face.

Alex nudges me, causing my book to fall onto my face. He laughs as I peer out from under it and glare at him. "What?"

My mouth curves upward into a smile and I shake my head. "You're a big goof." I laugh.

He puts his phone down on the side table and looks at me with mock anger. "What was that?"

"Nothing," I say a little too innocently, biting my lower lip and getting off him. I seek a peek at him only to find that he's got his hands up like he's getting ready to tickle me.

"T-there's no need for that," I stutter, scooting away.

Just as I get out of arms reach, he lunges toward me, capturing me in his arms. He presses his mouth to mine, smiling as he does so. Alex breaks away and give me a mischievous grin before gently tickling my sides.

I squirm, trying to get away from his touch which only makes him try harder. He tortures me for another ten minutes until I can't breathe. A knock on the door makes him look up and stop. "Are we expecting anyone?"

"No," he replies, his eyebrows furrowed as he sits up. "I'll get it." He whispers.