Chapter Twelve

(Dream)

I was dancing with Alex in a field. We were both laughing at ourselves when the rain started. We looked up at the sky, shocked by the sudden thunderstorm. He grinned and looked down at me, drinking in my expression. Our eyes locked and he leaned down. We were about to close the gap when a loud noise startled us.

Alex turned impatiently to see what it was. My mom and dad stood smiling, watching with loving expressions. I pushed away from Alexander and ran towards them, arms open.

They caught me and embraced me. "You've gotten so big. Oh how we've missed you." My mom said, looking me over. "I've missed you too. How are you here? Oh never mind, How long can you stay?" I ask eagerly. My dad looks at me from behind is wire rimmed glasses, "We stay as long as you're asleep." "I'm never waking up then! I'm not going to lose you again." My mother smiles sympathetically, "You'll have to eventually. I'm glad to see you've forgiven Loki, he didn't mean to. He was under a powerful illusion and lost sight of what was true and right."

We all sit around and talk like a family again and Alex joins us and gets the usual lecture from my father. You know, the "if-you-hurt-my-baby-girl-I'll-kill-you" lecture. It's a peaceful dream until the earthquakes happen, waking me up.

(End dream)

"Anna! Come on, wake up. Please don't be sick again." Loki says, dragging me out of my nice dream.

"What?" I groan and sit up.

"You've been sleeping all day, everyone was worried." He says frantically.

"I'm fine, I was just having a pleasant dream that my family was back."

"Okay, well, I have to go. I'll see you soon I promise."

He leaves after watching me to make sure I take the pill that I now need (thanks James), and I go take a quick shower and put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a tight, green tank top. After my hair is done, I go to the kitchen to grab some food seeing it's almost four in the afternoon.

"Hey kiddo!" Pepper calls from the main living area. I wave and start filling up a plate with fruit that's been set out. As I sit down, I notice that Pepper and I are the only ones in the room.

"Where is everyone?"

"They got called for an emergency meeting by Nick Fury, the director if S.H.I.E.L.D., they'll be back soon. So since we have the place to ourselves, wanna go shopping?"

"Yes please."

She goes to grab her purse and we set out in the limo and are driven to the mall.

"So Anna, you had said something about being alone. And since you don't have anywhere to live, Tony and I were wondering if you'd like to live with us?" Pepper asks as I'm trying on a pretty dress at Forever 21.

"Like, you'd adopt me?" I ask through the changing stall door as I finish putting on the dress.

"Yes, is that okay?" She asks hesitantly and I open the door to hug her.

"Yes! Ohmigod thank you so much! You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I release her and she laughs.

"I'm so glad you're excited. I'll have to tell Tony and we'll get your room decorated any way you'd like, it'll be so fun!"

We buy some cute, fashionable outfits and a few party dresses and then go back to Stark Tower. When we get there, everyone is back from the meeting and is conversing. "Ah there's the girl we've been talking about!" Tony shouts from the bar. Everyone is smiling and looking at me excitedly. "What's going on?" I ask.