Chapter Eight

"So, how'd it go?" Tony asks sarcastically and I give him an annoyed look. "My boyfriend Alex is on his way to pick me up. Thank you for your hospitality and letting me use your phone. It was nice meeting you all." I say as I get up and head towards the elevator.

"Wait, so you're just going to leave?"

"Do you have a place to stay?"

"What if you get hurt?"

"What if that one guy comes back?"

They all start asking me questions and race towards me.

"Look, I appreciate your concern, but I'll be fine. I'm staying with Alex in his apartment, he won't let me out of his sight anymore than he already does, and I doubt James will come back. Thank you." The doors open and I step inside and am followed by all of them.

Its a quiet ride down to the lobby. I step off the elevator and thank them all again. Loki looks curiously at me as the doors close.

Before I can turn around, strong, tan, familiar arms wrap around me and pull me close to a muscular chest. "I was so worried about you." Alexander whispers in my ear. We get in his car and go home.

A block away from the apartment, I remember something: Alex didn't come looking for me when I got kidnapped. "Why didn't you get me?" I ask, picking at my nails.

"Hm?" He mumbles, not listening.

"When I was taken. Or did you not notice?" I snap.

A sheepish look crosses his face. "Oh... I'd forgotten where you were. I didn't know how to get to you."

"Bull, I've showed you multiple times! You knew where I was now stop with the act!" I shout as we pull up to the apartment.

"Look, sweetie-"

"Don't 'sweetie' me! I'm gonna go, and you'd best leave me alone!" I tell him slamming the car door behind me as I stomp up the steps.

Getting to my bedroom, I slam the door, hoping he hears it. Then I lock it and throw myself on the bed. "I hate love." I say into the silence, my words muffled by a pillow.

"It's a horrible affliction, very contagious." An accented voice replies. I jerk up, swiveling my head to see the stranger. Loki casually appears out of the shadows smiling. "Sorry if I scared you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well I'm not. Alex is being an ignorant jerk right now. He's-" right then there's a knock on the door. "Anna, let me in... Look I'm sorry babe about what happened. I just- can I talk to you?" Alex calls through the door.

Grumbling to myself I get up and open the door. "What?" I snap. Alex's eyes flicker behind me to Loki. "What's he doing here?" He says pointedly.

"Listening to me about how much of an ass you are." I snap. "Look I'm sorry about that, it's just... I don't know." Alex trails off, his 'good reason' blown away in the wind.

"Well when you decide on what it is, let me know. Now go away!" I growl, making Alex turn and walk out of the apartment.

"Would you like to experience some Midgardian culture?" I ask as I turn to Loki.

"Sure, it's not going to hurt me is it?"

"No, no! It's just watching an important t.v. show!" I laugh, leaving for the living room.

Loki trails behind, joining me as I get the first season's episode started.

Nearly six hours later, Loki announces his need to get back. "They have me on watch, I've enjoyed spending time with you. Thank you." He bows a little and disappears. I go back to the show and fall asleep not long after.

Edited: 25/02/16