Chapter Five

Several hours after seeing James, I stop crying and slowly uncurl myself from my position. I look around the room for anything that might help me escape. All the furniture seems to be bolted to the floor, or too heavy for me to pick up. Ugh. I start exploring, tugging on things and opening the drawers of the dresser. There's some stylish clothes that look like they'd fit me. I look down at my dirty clothes and decide that the clothes aren't going to hurt me.....right?

I try on several different outfits and eventually decide on a soft top with a picture of The Avengers on it, some comfy skinny jeans, kawaii Thor socks, black Converse, and a warm hoodie.

I start to examine the door that keeps me trapped and kick at the locks. After several minutes, I have a sore foot and am extremely frustrated.

The window looks like my only other escape. Stepping closer to examine it, I see that you can only open it if you are outside. How odd, but knowing James, he wouldn't want me going anywhere anytime soon.

I sit on the window sill screaming and hitting it whenever someone passed by on the street below. No one seems to notice me though. Wait, someone just did.

There's two men walking down the street looking like they're going to Comic-Con or something looking up at my window.

I pound on the glass and scream for help until James rushes in and drags me away from the window. "Stop! You can't leave! I won't let you!" I rip myself away from him and look down below. The two guys are fighting quite loudly and I can hear.

"We can't just burst into someone's house Loki!"

"But I thought I heard crying for help!"

"We can check and see, but this is the only time."

The blonde, muscular one grasps his hammer and throws it at the door, breaking it slightly. I hear a thump from downstairs as he throws it again.

James looks at me wide-eyed, ties my wrists and feet together, gags me, drags me out of the room, and shoves me into a closet, which he locks. "Keep quiet, or I'll have to punish you." I sit on the dirty floor and cry silently.

After several minutes of listening to shouts and what sounds like fighting coming from downstairs, it gets quiet, except for the sounds of rapid footsteps on the wooden floor. "Do you see her Thor?" One voice shouts. "I can't seem to find her anywhere." I start hitting the closet door with my feet and make as much noise as I can.

"What's this?" The guy asks. The door shakes, but doesn't open. "Locked. If someone is in there, please hit the door." He calls out. I hit the door again and it shudders. "I'll be back in a moment."

A moment later, there's a loud noise, the door shakes violently, then opens. I flinch at the sudden light, then look up at the two men who stand there.

The tall, muscular blonde is holding a large hammer and is clothed in some sort of armour and has a scarlet cape. The other one is tall as well, but more slender and is clothed in green, black and gold. His raven hair is mussed slightly and falls over his bright green eyes.

"Hello young maiden. We have come to save you from your confines. Would you like to come with us? We were just travelling to visit our friends." The blonde one says.

"Thor, you idiot, she's probably terrified. Besides you haven't introduced us." The black haired one says in an annoyed tone. He directs the next part at me. "I am Loki and this is my idiot brother Thor."

He kneels down and pulls a dagger out of a sheath on his belt. My eyes widen and I scoot back until I hit the back wall of the closet. "It's alright, I'm not gonna hurt you, I swear." He looks at me kindly and I decide to trust him.

Loki cuts my bindings and slips the gag off of me. I smile up at him and throw my arms around him. Loki stiffness for a moment, then hugs me awkwardly and picks me up.

"We might want to take her with us, seeing the state she's in." Thor says. Loki nods and carries me outside. We go until we reach Stark Tower. Thor opens the door for Loki and I and we all go in. We get in, go to an elevator, and Loki sets me on my feet.

I see that neither of the brothers has pushed the button to go up and so I do it. The elevator opens and we step inside and I look up at Thor with my finger hovering over the buttons. "Top floor." I nod and press the button. The elevator shoots up quickly, nearly making me fall over.

A/N: The song for the chapter is Waiting for Superman by Daughtry