Chapter Nine

"-nna, Anna, Anna, wake up."

Someone shakes my shoulder gently, waking me up.

"Mmm what?" I ask.

"You okay? You have a high fever." Alex says. That wakes me up.

"I do?" I bolt upright and feel my forehead, which is scorching. The sudden movement of sitting up makes me nauseous and I run to the bathroom. "What is going on with me?" I ask myself while looking in the mirror.

"Anna? What have you done lately?"

"Loki and I had a Supernatural marathon, and then he left." I reply. His eyes fill with hate. "I knew I shouldn't have left. He probably infected you with some disease." He says woefully.

"He's fine, I think I got him hooked on the series." I say. He sighs, shakes his head, and leaves, mumbling about the fever getting to my head.

I take some medicine to help the pounding in my head and go to bed.

(Two days later)

I feel worse, my head is killing me, the fever has spread to my entire body, I'm shaker than a person with Parkinson's, and to make it worse, Alex has been gone since yesterday taking care of his friend in the hospital.

I'm reheating a bowl of soup a kind neighbor brought over after she heard I was sick when the there's a knock on the door. I shuffle over, wrapped in a soft quilt my mother made before she and dad died.

The peephole shows a bunch of people in the hall outside my door. I open it and gesture for them to enter and in come a rush of blue, black, purple, red, green, and gold.

"We heard you were ill, so we brought you food." Loki announces, I nod and close the door. "Thanks. Alex hasn't been much help so it's just me." Dr. Banner feels my forehead. "Jeez girl, you're burning up. Are you sure you're okay?" I nod and thank them all for the food.

They all head for the door, but Loki lingers. "Are you sure you can manage by yourself?" "Yes, thank you." He nods hesitantly and goes out into the hall. I start walking over to the door to shut it, but don't make it because the floor rushes to meet me as I fall over unconscious but not before I see a green and black blur run to me.