Someone You Loved

Mulai dari awal

Everywhere you looked there was people. People laughing, people drinking, people singing. People.

It was suffocating. You couldn't think straight. Your breath was speeding up and-

A flash of red hair and green eyes. Natasha. You focus on her, drowning out the other people.

A huge smile is plastered on her face and she is taking shot after shot with Tony, mumbling incoherent drunk words.

In the corner of your brain, you realised that this was the first time you had seen her all night.

She was just drunk. She just wanted to get drunk and she knew you wouldn't want too.

That was what you told yourself.

And now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all

And as the sun sets, you almost laugh, thinking about how naive you were back then. You had to learn somehow, you suppose. But it could've been less painful.

I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to
Being someone you loved

Friday rolls around, bringing movie night with it. Natasha comes in after you do, having been assigned the role of getting food.

After placing the bowls of popcorn on the small table, she stands up and looks for a seat. You shuffle over, assuming she would sit with you.

She doesn't though, she walks over to Steve and settles next to him, leaving a cold gap at your side.

She hadn't seen him for days. He had just come back from a mission and she hadn't seen him for a long time. She had been with you all weekend.

Or at least that's what you hoped it was.

And I
Tend to close my eyes
When it hurts sometimes
I fall into your

You sink further into the mattress, blankets hugging your body tightly. The ghost of her touch tickles over you and you feel phantom arms wrapping around your chest, squeezing tightly. Too tightly.

It starts to crush your lungs and you gasp for air, thrashing around desperately. I didn't stop though, and you eventually accepted that it never would.

Arms
I'll be safe in your sound
'Til I come back around

And you were right. I didn't stop. I didn't get easier, it didn't get harder, it just was.

For now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And your not here
To get me through it all

She finally approached you one night, a speech prepared. The words on her lips, ready to be voiced. But when she saw your face, hopeful yet sad, broken yet willing to try, her heart leapt and she had to swallow it back down.

"I'm so sorry Y/n"

And just like that the light disappeared from her eyes, all traces of life gone.

I let my guard down
And you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to
Being someone you loved

When someone finally knocks on your door, you let them in. You weren't ready to see her yet and, when you did, it sent a pang of pain through your heart.

"I'm so sorry Y/n"

You look up at her, eyes full of hope, willing to try again.

But now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And your not here
To get me through it all

"I don't love you anymore"

I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to
Being someone you loved

"I love you"

I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to
Being someone you loved

A/n

This song is just..... woah. It's called Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi. I'll leave it at the top.

Please leave requests

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeee