-𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

Jungkook felt his throat close up as he looked at the number on his phone. Licking his lips, Jungkook put cartoons on for Suki and was quick to leave the room and answer the phone. "Jeon Jungkook speaking." The boy leaned on the counter and nibbled on his lip. "Just who I was looking for. Mr. Jeon, we are truly sorry for the wait. The court has been crammed lately but tomorrow at two is open."

The words made his heart ache while he turned to look at Itsuki who sat on the couch, giggling at the television. "Yeah, yeah that's great. We'll be there." Jungkook gulped. After establishing a few more things the phone call ended and Jungkook put his phone on the counter, his hands rubbing at his jaw while his eyes closed.

Turning to grip on the counter, Jungkook felt a heavy feeling consume him. It was like his own child was being ripped away from him. Yet Suki was not his child, not even close but it sure did feel like it. The heartache hasn't been felt for a long time and he surely didn't miss that feeling.

Taehyung stepped into the apartment after a long day at work and put his things away. "Taehyungie!" Suki chanted, getting off the couch and hurrying to Taehyung to hug at his legs. "Wanna come play ball with us? We're going to the park!" Suki chuckled. Taehyung felt drained if he was being honest. The job he had was certainly not easy.

Before he could open his mouth though, Jungkook called Taehyung over. "I'll be back kiddo." Taehyung booped Suki's nose before walking over to Jungkook who was in the kitchen. The atmosphere in the room caused Taehyung to feel uncomfortable but he sat while Jungkook paced back and forth. "They called." Jungkook started off.

"They called me soon after you left. The court date is tomorrow. Tomorrow at two which means Suki will be taken probably what? Four o'clock?" Jungkook's wording was fast which didn't register to Taehyung right away as Jungkook kept babbling on about Suki being put into a home by evening tomorrow.

Taehyung watched Jungkook pace. "I wanted this but why am I- Taehyung it feels like i'm losing my own child. How do parents handle this? Do you know? You work with cases like this don't you? How do they get over this feeling?" Jungkook asked as Taehyung stood up and walked towards Jungkook who shook his head.

"I might snap- don't touch me Taehyung." Jungkook warned, holding his hand out in a stopping manner. Taehyung stopped for a moment and breathed in, grabbing Jungkook's wrist and bringing him in for a hug. Jungkook thought he would surely hit Taehyung or push him away. Do anything really to harm Taehyung but the moment Taehyung's arms wrapped around him, Jungkook felt the anger roam free from him.

Slowly he wrapped his arms around Taehyung and sighed. "I don't know if I can do this. What am I suppose to tell him? Tae.. He's been through so much for a six year old I can't.." Jungkook stopped talking when Taehyung pulled away and cupped his face. "One thing at a time Jungkook. Take a few breaths yeah?" Taehyung watched Jungkook nod and obey what he just said.

"We'll both talk to Suki about this okay? You and I. We'll talk this all out tonight. because we need to go play ball with Suki, alright?" Taehyung stepped away but Jungkook was quick to grab onto Taehyung's waist. "Just- hold me for a little while, please." Jungkook asked Taehyung who bit his lip and nodded, wrapping his arms around Jungkook once again.

After the evening of playing ball, the three walked into the apartment. Suki laughing from when Jungkook missed a step coming up the stairs and fell forward. "You're funny kookie." Suki calmed down from laughing and sighed as he landed on the couch. The laughter died down once they entered the apartment.

It was a very good evening well spent. Playing ball and eating out but now it was the moment they would talk to Suki about the situation he was in. "Suki, hey, come sit here please?" Jungkook sat down and patted the spot beside him. Taehyung taking a seat next to Suki who sat down between them.

Not sure where to start or how he was going to explain anything, Jungkook sat there speechless. "Well- Suki. You know your mommy left you right?" Taehyung watched Suki nod. "Yeah and that wasn't a nice thing to do. You know criminals? The people the cops take to jail? Well your mommy is kind of like that. She wasn't suppose to leave you alone and now-"

"My mommy is going to jail?" Suki asked, looking back and forth to Jungkook and Taehyung. "No- no Suki we don't know. Tomorrow we go to a big building and this judge who gives us rules will tell us if your mommy goes to jail or not. Or if you get taken away." Jungkook finished off. "What do you mean taken away?!" Suki panicked.

Taehyung could tell Suki was becoming scared from the tears in his eyes. Taehyung then pulling Suki close and comforting him. "Itsuki, I am not your parent and if they take you away from your mommy then you'll go to the place where Taehyung works. Then you'll go to a family who wants you. Where you can go to school and have lots of friends." Jungkook tried to explain to Itsuki who was about to cry.

"But I don't want lots of friends! I want you Taehyungie and Nana! You guys are my friends!" Suki got off the couch and looked at the two with tears in his eyes. "You're leaving me just like my daddy and mommy!" The boy yelled and ran to the room where he slept in. Jungkook closed his eyes and hid his face, shaking his head. "That didn't go as planned." He mumbled.

Taehyung stood up. "You make the milk, i'm gonna go talk to Suki." Taehyung made his way to the room where the cries of Suki were heard. "Suki-" Taehyung didn't get to speak as Suki looked up from the pillow. "Leave me alone!" The boy sniffled and hugged his lion.