Cinq Pt Deux

Grace Allen Pov
Like any other day, I'm inside my cozy cottage. Reading a book on my bed, and from time to time, I would gaze out from my little window that was placed next to my bed. Overviewing the townspeople walking around and children having fun outside in the sun without a care in the world.

While I was reading, Dottie just kept silent. Rarely making any noise. Though, I wouldn't have minded if she made some loud noises. It really won't disturb me in the least. I'm really glad that I found Dottie that day, and that my mom had allowed me to adopt her despite us not being well-off, we may have it hard, but I'm sure we won't struggle forever.

After an hour had passed, I finally finished the book I was reading and placed it down on my small bedside table.

Dottie got up, her tail wagging a whole lot and her licking my face continuously. I gave a soft laugh and cuddled with her, giving her some belly rubs.

In my past life, I never once had a pet because I couldn't bother to take care of one. There was another reason why I didn't get a pet. I remember seeing animals that were way too scared of me, and would often run away from me when I tried to pet them.

I'm hoping that I can have another pet one day. That way, Dottie would have a playmate when I'm busy or my mom is, and can't play with her.

Which reminds me! Mom doesn't look pale or show any symptoms of her being sick like she did before. However, I can't be relieved yet, I still don't really know how much longer she has. I know that I have been secretly feeding her herbs and medicine that prevents her from getting sick easily, did I perhaps manage to help her avoid the illness that she received in my last life? I sure hope so.

Throwing that matter aside for now, It's almost my ninth birthday. It's only a few months from now. The day I've been dreading ever since....

At times, I've almost forgotten when my birthday was. If it weren't for the nightmares I had, I wouldn't even be bothered to remember it. I've always hated my birthday, but when the time comes around. My mother always celebrates it so cheerfully that I don't dare to ruin the cheerful atmosphere. I would always pretend to be happy just for her.

I couldn't be happy during my birthday, I tried. But due to the fact that my mom had died on my very birthday. It just traumatised me. I just can't let it happen again, seeing her go and leave me behind all alone. I don't want to live and go on with my life without her by my side; telling me it's alright and that she'll always be with me when I know she will always leave me in the end.

I silently let out all my tears, crying my heart out as wet droplets soaked my face, making my sight blurry.