Cinq

Grace Allen Pov
After that day of being by myself in the forest, I may or may not have developed paranoia...

No matter how much I try to get it out of my head, I even repeatedly told myself that I'm probably overreacting and it was probably nothing.But for some explicit reason, my gut and mind is just telling me to never go into the forest.

Unless I want to play with my life, so I never did go. Even if I did it gave me unbearable chills, sending shivers down my spine and clearly warning me that I should run far away from here.

I really regret going by myself to the forest that day. It used to be my place to get away from my troubles and worries.

I hate that I'm being paranoid when I just want to live a peaceful life with my mom and my friend/pet Dottie.

I do go into the forest a couple of times with Dottie, but for some reason I always felt like someone was watching me and every move I made.

I couldn't take it knowing that someone could hurt me.

~Forwarding a few years~

I'm now eight years old. Only one year left until my ninth birthday. Anyways, I did go once again into the forest, despite my body telling me to not go.

However, I ignored it. Thinking that whoever was stalking me won't be there anymore, though... I felt like I was being watched by someone.

Even hearing the slightest sound made me startled and uncomfortable, especially to Dottie who was constantly barking and growling.

That meant I was being watched so I ran like my life depended on it with Dottie right behind me, making sure no harm came to me.

I never looked back, afraid to see who it was. It was always a bad idea to look back.

I finally decided to make a firm decision and stay in my house from now on, where I'm safe with Dottie and my mom.

Though my mother bugged me, she was very concerned about me, saying that I should go out and get some air than just staying inside all day like I always do. But I didn't have the guts to go outside anymore, when I'm not by myself.

Each day, that fear that I had was growing more and more.

Making me feel extremely unsafe and terrified.

It caused me to stress a whole lot and go a bit crazy. Not to my breaking point just yet, but I couldn't let it show that I'm breaking more than I already am; I could deny it all I want. I just want to keep pretending that I'm just a "normal" girl.

When really I'm not, I just have to keep with this lie that I've forced myself to believe.

I'm now scared not only of the forest but of myself. I don't know what will happen later in the future, I-I don't know what to do anymore..

I-I don't think I can do this any longer. Having to face each day that passes, as if I'm an ordinary girl who has a "normal" life.

I've made mistakes,who hasn't? Some worse than others, some better. Each day I try to become a better person than I was in my past life, like a person who once told me a long time ago,