Quatre

Note:Grace is now seven years old now

Grace Allen Pov
It's finally officially now springtime, where everything starts to thaw and go back to life. I will miss the winter as strange as it is.

I only have two years left which makes me really stressed and upset, knowing that my mother will be forever leaving me with my bastard of a father and his family.

I won't even try to love them, even my own father. I can't be bothered trying to be part of their perfect "family".

My mother is all the family I will ever need. I shouldn't even call him father anymore. From now on he will be called by something else, something offensive. For now I don't know what I should call him; it will come to me in time.

I would rather die, taking my mother's place. I shan't ever be the stupid fool I was in my past life. It shouldn't have been her who died, I should have.  It should've been me after everything I did. The memories still haunt me, filled with regret.

One day in the marketplace, I had stumbled upon a cute Dalmatian puppy whom I named Dottie. I know it's very cliche. But, I think it's cute and suits her perfectly. I was out with my mother shopping for food, and I saw her.

I just couldn't resist those cute puppy eyes. They were too adorable and sweet.

I always wanted a pet to keep me company and be my friend, since I won't be making any friends in this life. I don't want to risk harming anyone else in my life because I'm too scared to revert back and do something that will make me experience the same horrible life I had before.

Mother didn't mind me having a pet dog, she thought that it would do me good to have company other than being cooped up with my books all day.

Dottie was my little companion, so whenever I wasn't studying, I was doing what a good pet owner does: spend time with her, feed her, bath her and take her out for walks along with paying attention to her.

It's like they say "A dog is a man's best friend" which is kinda true, it just depends on you and how you look at it. I love Dottie with all my heart, of course my mother too. They both hold a special place in my heart and besides, I think Dottie seems to understand me in her own type of way.

I still manage to find time to spend with my mother every single day. I spend my time with her, enjoying and cherishing every minute I have with her. I also make sure to sneak in some herbs and medicine in her food or drinks without her noticing, so that way she can be strong and healthy.

While doing that, I make sure she regularly has a cup of herbal tea so she can be as healthy as possible. I just want her to still be here with me as long as possible.

She's been bugging me and pestering me more often lately, about me being so serious and always reading when I should be outside enjoying the day like other kids my age.

I didn't want her to feel worried just because of me so I decided to head out with Dottie, just for a little forest walk (The one in chapter 3) I didn't want to go and socialize because of...reasons that I don't....want to.... explain. I decided to hum a little song that I made up, not noticing I was being watched and listened to.

King Lyrics
You're alone
You're on your own
So what, have you gone blind
Have you forgotten what you have and what is yours?
Glass half empty, glass half full
Well either way you won't be going thirsty
Count your blessings not your flaws.
You've got it all
You lost your mind in the sound
There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown
You're in control
Rid of the monsters inside your head
Put all your faults to bed
You can be King again.
You don't get what all this is about
You're too wrapped up in your self-doubt
You've got that young blood, set it free.
You've got it all
You lost your mind in the sound
There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown
You're in control
Rid of the monsters inside your head
Put all your faults to bed
You can be King.
There's method in my madness
There's no logic in your sadness
You don't gain a single thing from misery
Take it from me.
You've got it all
You lost your mind in the sound
There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown
You're in control
Rid of the monsters inside your head
Put all your faults to bed
You can be King.
You've got it all
You lost your mind in the sound
There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown
You're in control
Rid of the monsters inside your head
Put all your faults to bed
You can be King again.