Chapter 20

Asami held up her glass towards the crowd. “I’d like to thank everyone for coming out tonight to support my family and I. Things really have been looking up for us-”

Footage pauses and the view pans out to a fancy, yet empty theatre room. Nami jumps up from Asami’s lap and braces herself onto the chair cushions. “Whoa whoa whoa, hold up author! I think you’re skipping a few parts before we get to this scene!”

Like what?

“Well I can’t say exactly because that would spoil the chapter wouldn’t it? But you know what I’m talking about!”

Yeah yeah, I know what you’re talking about. Sigh. Okay. REWIND THE FOOTAGE!

Riko laid in bed rather depressed one evening. Karina emerged from the bathroom in her pajamas and frowned when she saw Riko’s back turned to her. She sighed. Riko and Korra had been released from the hospital a few days ago, but they were still lacking their old sense of freedom. That was something Asami was afraid of. Any kind of new setback could hurt Riko mentally. The girl’s vision was still blurry, bringing on new frustration. On the other hand, Korra was handling it exceptionally well. The peace of taking a much needed break was good for her.

Karina climbed into the bed and huddled up to Riko’s backside. Riko tensed up at first but then eased up when Karina began rubbing her back comfortably.

“Sorry.” Riko said with her back to her still.

Karina huffed and wrapped her arms around her to pull the girl over to face her. She noted the earthbender’s lack of emotion on her face when she faced her. The girl averted her dull eyes, one of which was still blotchy and red. Karina rubbed her cheek and gently kissed her bandaged forehead. “It’s okay.”

Riko leaned into her touch. Suddenly an idea popped into Karina’s head. She grabbed the hem of Riko’s shirt, motioning her to take the article of clothing off. Riko began to smile slightly at the thought of what was to come. Karina then nudged Riko to roll back over and the girl complied with confusion written on her face. Once she was on her stomach, Karina pulled her own shirt off, climbed onto her backside, and pulled water from the basin beside the bed.

Riko planted the good side of her face to the pillow when she felt the pleasure of a waterbending massage. She sighed in content and couldn’t hold in her moan when Karina hit a tense muscle. The waterbender smiled at the sounds that came from Riko. She rubbed harder on her tense shoulder blades.

“Feeling better now, babe?”

Karina smirked at the response of an eager head nod. She leaned down and kissed the back of her neck, making her shiver. Riko attempted to lift herself up but Karina drew closer to her, pressing her chest down onto her back, and grabbed ahold of her wrists. Riko groaned as the cold water was released and hit her bare skin.

“Let me take care of you.” Karina coerced.