Chapter 8: The Next Saga

A/N: From here on, things are gonna focus more on the children and them growing up and learning from Korra and Asami. Also, I tried finding a song that gave off that city chase vibe to it so the video here is the closest thing I could find. It's from a pretty cool game I used to play as a kid so it's worth checking out. Anyway, enjoy! :)

Four years have passed and Riko and Kohaku had both grown and matured greatly, but they still have a lot to learn before they can join Korra’s side to keep the peace. But Korra believed they could change the world.

“You have got to be kidding me…” Riko facepalmed. She expertly jerked the reins and jumped off of Naga and walked through an alleyway. She brushed off the creepy old men ogling her matured body. Her hair was still short and choppy, just how she liked it. She had grown quite muscular, resulting in many of her shirts being cut at the sleeves for easy movement, just like her ma. Bandages covered her forearms to hide old scars.

She stomped the ground, shooting a young boy into the air with her earthbending.

“Ow! Son of a bit-”

“Watch it.” Riko scolded. “What the fuck are you doing out here?”

“Oh so you can cuss and I can’t?”

“I’m the oldest, so yeah.”

Kohaku stumbled up, rubbing his butt. “It’s none of your business.”

“Oh really? I think it’s entirely my business. I wonder what would happen if I told our mothers that you were gambling away their hard-earned money.” Riko said, rubbing her chin and looking into the air.

He glared at her. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Oh I would. Ya know, I think I might just do that. See ya at home, squirt!” Riko said. She waved from behind and ran off on Naga.

“Oh no you don’t!” He called, chasing after her.

*Cue catchy city chase music.*

Riko smirked and saluted to him as he caught up. She sped up, leaving her brother in the dust. He was fast, though, and trailed behind her. Looking back, she growled. She was so distracted that she hadn’t noticed the food stand down the street.

Kohaku laughed as his sister ran right into the stand and flew into the air. He jumped over the debris and saluted back at her as he took a shortcut down an alley. Riko growled as the salesman chewed her out for ruining his stand.

As she approached their house, she saw her brother climbing the stairs, making her growl yet again. He gasped as he heard the animal gaining on him just as he turned the doorknob. Riko jumped off of Naga and tackled him through the opening doors.

Asami screamed as her children burst through the front door. They were quick to give excuses, but Asami was having none of it. “No, no, no! This is not acceptable in our house or anywhere for that matter! I bet you even destroyed a street stand or something!”