🎶It's Kismet, Ain't It🎶

Start from the beginning

Colson hands her his bandana as she climbs onto his lap, not bothering to wipe her tears. She slides her legs through the chair holes, straddling him. They're cheek to cheek as the next song slams her in the stomach too. She squeezes him tightly, listening to him expose himself to the world. The beat is catchy and she can't help bobbing her head by the end.

"UGH!!" She thinks, soul aching for her Lover. "It's heartbreaking and melodic like truly great fucking songs are... I'm gonna kill his fucking mother." She decides to herself.

Her thoughts break and she laughs loudly as she hears Pete's voice come on. Thankful for the small lift from the heavy, she kisses Colson on the cheek as she squeezes him again before climbing off him and settling back onto couch. Lighting a joint before the next song begins. Luna's nodding her head again to the beat. Listening intently while he's coming hard. Popping her chin in her hand that's resting on her knee, she tosses him a long glance after catching the second set of bars. She's still nodding.

"Aight, Colson Baker... " She thinks to herself impressed and thoroughly enjoying his talent.

He's watching her reaction to every song. Colson loves how Luna catches certain lyrics and the way her face lights up as the beats change. She's swiveling her hips, couch dancing to this particular beat. She goes to say something again but catches herself as he shakes his head. One Look. They smile at the other knowingly. The next is another banger. He's flawlessly giving her 90s hip-hop flashback feels now as another lyric stabs her in the heart.

"Fuck. He's not playing." She thinks as he lays his shit bare, all over the table. Slaying the fucking beat. And her heart.

A different woman's voice opens the next track while Luna sparks another joint. She's on an emotional rollercoaster and needs a slight grip. She lays down on the couch, on her back, letting the smoke billow above her from the joint as tears roll down her face. She's listening as he explains unapologetically, all of his pain that they've talked about since meeting. Some parts truly scaring her.

Colson is still watching her. The next song comes off more poppy but she catches the dark lyrics instantly. She passes him the joint, sniffling as she laughs, shocked by Trippie Redd's slide in with a certain Plan B lyric. Luna glances at him with an amused look as the next song begins. She knows what it's about as it continues. Not her favorite but it's still catchy.

The next track opens with Phem haunting it. This song makes Luna sad for Colson too. She's back on his lap again, this time with an arm around his shoulders listening intently to the smooth, old west coast beat. Once the track finishes, he flips the sound off, looking up at her. He doesn't have to ask.

"That was a lot... But it was amazing... I am so fucking proud of you... I HAVE to smoke a cigarette... All the cigarettes in the world while we talk about this." She blurts out as her hummingbird hands fly, never taking a breath while kissing him all over.

Colson loves when she gets excited like this. "C'mon, we'll grab you a beer too and sit on the patio." He answers laughing as he lifts her up to head upstairs.

"I fucking love YOU." She states, following close behind him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sitting on the patio, they begin unpacking the ride he just sent her on through his head. She mentions Cara to his surprise, not thinking anyone would catch that. Colson tells Luna how Casie is the ASMR on the one track. She didn't catch that one and it absolutely tickles Luna's soul. Her eyes well up again as they talk about Chester. She thinks it's a GREAT, subtle homage to their friend.