🎶It's Kismet, Ain't It🎶

Once out of the overly steamy shower, Luna and Colson sit at the kitchen table sharing a cup of coffee. Colson is bare chested, as always, in a pair of joggers. Luna has her blonde hair half up, wearing a simple, long sleeve, white cotton shirt and cut offs. No makeup but tons of jewelry as usual. He fires up a joint as they talk about their last couple of days, enjoying the rarely empty kitchen.

 He fires up a joint as they talk about their last couple of days, enjoying the rarely empty kitchen

"She really is beautiful." He thinks watching the natural light play off of her.

**********************************

"I don't think I'll ever get used to those Fucking eyes." She thinks, getting lost in him.

"Ready?" He asks breaking her thoughts once the joint is finished; she nods before following him downstairs.

-------------------------------------------------------

In the studio Colson's heart is racing. She knows nothing about his new album. It's killed him to not talk to her about it in detail as they got to know each other. But he wants to see her honest reaction and values her opinion as an artist.

"Okay." He begins, setting her down on the couch by the shoulders. "I want you to sit and listen." He continues on. "Just listen. What do you need to not move for the next hour? Weed, water, a snack?"

Luna laughs. She knows exactly the vulnerability he's feeling right now and finds him to be incredibly cute in his fluster. "We have weed and water. I'm good. So, ready whenever you are, Bunny." She smiles to reassure him.

"Ok... " He sighs, sitting down at the sound board.

The opening electronic beat has her immediately bobbing her head. She looks up when a woman speaks. Knowing exactly who the voice belongs to.

He puts his hand up. "Listen." She nods in agreement as the next song begins.

Luna likes this beat too, noticing how he rides it much smoother than his other albums. And he's fucking FIERCE. As the next song begins her ears perk up. He watches her eyebrows furrow as she nods her head, focusing on the melody. He sees the exact moment she makes the connection he's waiting for. Her head shoots up, mouth open, wanting to speak but doesn't.

Her eyes immediately well up. "Oh, FUCK, it's Numb." One hard tear rolls down her face as they reach for each other's hand.

**********************************

"I knew she'd get it." He thinks stroking her hand with his thumb. Comforted by her acknowledgment.

Luna doesn't let go of his hand, only giving him a fake shocked face over a particular lyric through her tears. Another woman's voice comes on with the next song; nodding to the beat, she squeezes it. Colson can see tears flowing down her face as she tries to control her breathing, listening as he runs through the last year. She lets out a whimper when she hears a certain set of bars referring to a night in his kitchen. Looking into his eyes as her heart breaks for him all over again. They had talked about it that night by the pool but hearing it on tape is different.