It only was a reset

It was extremely groggy that morning.

 As if everybody's life was coated with a smog, memories, emotions..Everything. 

Everything was overwhelmingly dull and numb.

And of course Matt Is asleep. He always needs his beauty sleep. So he is "absolutely beautiful" at two in the afternoon.

And Edd is knocked out on the couch after a long night.

The usual.

 And as usual Tom remembers being able to look out his slightly ajar door, different this time of course.  He couldn't see as well as he used too.  

He could feel the cool sheets as he laid there sprawled out on his bed. Still wearing his checkered hoodie from the day before. The broken air conditioner creaking as sad puffs of air would go out following a low hiss. The air was so dusty he could feel it on his tongue. As in it was in a thick stream in the air.

Everybody would always be way far too busy too clean up now.                           

  The window pours in a bright yellow light, as dust particles floated in front of Toms eyes as he laid there

     His eyes narrowed as the sun crept to his face. Scrunching his face he could feel the crackling of black tears from the night before. Shading his eyes from the light, as he grumbles. Kicking his sheets off. The sunlight was nice and warm on his cool body, Stretching he slides on some socks from his drawer that was at the foot of his bed.

He then turns around towards his window and crawls on his knees looking out the window. tying the curtains back with a stray rubber band he found on the window sill. Opening allowing real air to come in. The light now pouring in, and the dust lifting a bit as a warm draft filled through the room. Tom inhaled deeply as he held his head through the window. Closing his eyes as he crossed his arms and laid down on the Window sill to support his head. Looking around at the crisp green and dry yellow leaves. 

This was probably going to be one the last days before Autumn hits in full force and the cold along with it. Though..its always cold. Its still nice to appreciate the days in Britain when it actually would hit at least 25 degrees Celsius...or if it even sunny on those days anyways

**(loop if you can)**

Things changed when Tord left.

They started a rebellion. That's something he understood

They got a new place. Its been maybe a few years..? Tord wasn't a bleeding thought to Tom anymore.

It was actually quite nice. To not worry and fight.

Of course they were "fighting" But..Edd believed they didn't need to fight.

So their clan was called the Green defense. 

The Green defense was simple. They provide materials and anything with health problems to those who need it. They were small and unheard of but they still got the occasional visitor. 

As far as Tom was concerned there wasn't anybody today. But it still was nice to see other people in the area donating and showing up. It shows that there are people still trying to fight against the Red army, that are struggling, and still are practically in Poverty.

So why didn't they fight?

The question even boggled his mind sometimes. But as far as he was concerned they should.

But Tords army was.. So god damn strong.

      He turns around staring at the door. he swings his legs around the left side of the bed. 

Then creeps out of his room.

Standing and looking around he opens his door and looks around the house. Quietly creeping into the bathroom he shuts the door as the old wooden floor boards creak under him. He looks into the mirror at the dried black tears that covered his cheeks.

He blinks a few times. Almost as if it was welcoming for his eyes to restart his tear ducts. Sticky black tears start to drip down his face. 

"Ugh.."

 He mumbles as he gently touches the black tears with his four fingers. he pulls away and the stretch with his hand. He turns to the towel rack and put some warm water on it, scrubbing at his eyes. He pulls away and blinks once more. He could see a bit more clearly, and then he grimaced at his messy hair. pushed to one side and spiked about.. Lovely.

Grabbing a thistle brush he brushes his hair back with some water then smiles "Better. ..Just...Better...Only better..-' He mumbles as he walks out. 

After 10 minutes  Tom was ready. He pulled over a large baggy dark gray shirt with some random Ska band on it. Simple jeans and a watch. he walks out to the kitchen where Edd sat. Tom mustered a small groggy wave. 

"Morning Tom," Edd said with a smile as he ate some bacon with a side of English muffins, lightly buttered. Still the smell of grease and salt lingered in the air.

Messily Tom pours out some cereal. the milk and a few left over colorful wheat rings still laid on the counter. He grabs a spoon and leaves the box out..(And open.) as he sits and slowly eats it. his eyes barley open due to the weights of sleepiness lingering on his eyelids. The britt is able to get out a small response.

"Hmmneyyy Edd whatss..Up..?" 

"Well... The results for your eyes came in."

"HURK--"

Tom instantly chokes on his cereal. Coughing in till his throat burns the slightest bit and his throat closes up. He covers mouth as he looks at Edd "Really?--" he said through heaving breaths and a raspy voice "Were they good?"

"I...I didn't look..?" Edd said with a soft, But guilty smile. 

"Of course.." Tom retorts as he leans back in his chair. The front legs of the chair pushing off of the ground as Tom put his hands behind his head and sighed.

He stared knowing well what Tom wanted, so Edd sighs and continues.  

"I can tell you don't want to know the results.. Do you?" Edd said as he pushed his plate to the side. Taking the last bite of food. Rubbing small crumbs from the side of his mouth as he stared at Tom from across from him.

"Ignorance is bliss.."

Hey my Guys, Gals, Snails, and Non Binary Beauts~ 

Just a reminder to vote for the story and ask questions in the comments. I normally hate these reminders when I'm reading books so you wont see these very often!

~ Ace ~

(Also I normally have music with every chapter that I post..If you on mobile there's a playlist coming soon! But if you are on computer left click and press loop ;) )

also also also The pictures next to the music are quotes that are vital to the story later on

thanks for coming to my ted talk. its 1:00am gn