chapter 1: who are you?

A/N- hi this is a Detroit become human fan fiction if you don't know what that is then get off. Jkjk you can stay i'm not that horrible. This is my first: x reader, i'm sorry if this is terrible but i hope you enjoy.

-summer

Hi! so i wrote this book in like 2019 and its absolutely awful. like, it doesn't even make sense. i cant believe people actually still read this book and got it to #7 in androidxreader as well as 2,2k reads like what. anyway! i cant be bothered to go through and change all of the A/Ns but i have a chosen name now, even though i still go by summer, so its gunna be different in some of my other stories when i publish them :) 

(2021 -Vee :))

☆ 2023 a/n ☆

Hey! (again?) its been like what, three years (HUH?!?!), since i wrote this trash. i decided i was gonna read it again just to see how trashy it actually is and if i can change anything. i'm definitely going to be scarred by this in the end but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. but fr, i appreciate if you decide to sit through this awful fic. you'll probably hear from me again in this fic but if not, enjoy ig :)

<3

"Y/N!"

I fell into complete darkness. "Y/N," a voice called, "please don't leave me." It cried. I feel like i'm drowning. "Y/N!" The voice rang in my head.

"Y/N?" Someone asked. I opened my eyes. "W-where am i?" I ask. I slowly sit up shaking. "Your in Detroit hospital, how are you? The nurse asked.

The doors burst open. "Where is Y/N?," a  man asked, "i need to talk to her." The nurse ran over to all the commotion. "I'm in here sir." I shout waiting for his arrival. He sat on the end of the hospital bed. His LED flashing yellow fading into blue. "Hello, detective Anderson, my name is Conner and i am the android sent by cyber-life," he explains, "i'm here to report the situation to lieutenant Anderson." I smiled at hearing his name. "Conner, i know who you are,"i say, "i thought you knew what happened?." He hugged me tightly knowing that i remembered him. "C-Conner my stomach." I wince. He pulls away and kisses my head. "I'm sorry, i do know what happened but if i didn't say i was here to report it i couldn't come to see you."

{Time skooop} (brother what? past me, you tryna be quirky or smthin like damn)

After three months in the ER i can finally go home and start investigating again. "Now, Conner look after her and make sure she doesn't attack others." The nurse explained while i slept in Conner's arms.

"T-thank you Conner," i say waking up, "you could have left me there to die but you didn't." He places me into the backseat of hanks car. "So, Y/N you ready to start investigating again?" Hank asked looking into the rear view mirror. "Yeah, ill always be ready to start again hank." I replied. Hank was like the dad i never knew. I always wondered why our last names were the same. But hank always cared for me even when i wouldn't talk to him. He took me in when i had no where to go after being kicked out.

Three investigations passed and i didn't get to go near the deviants. "Hank why cant i help you track the deviants down?" I asked. He smiled weakly pointing towards Conner. "Go and ask him." He muttered. I slowly walk over to Conner. *BANG* I turn around quickly to see hank on the floor and a deviant standing over him. "HEY, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SHOT HIM YOU SHOULD HAVE SHOT ME," i shouted, "WITH THAT ONE BULLET YOU HAVE LEST MAKE YOUR CHOICE KILL HIM OR ME." The deviant shook his head and dropped the gun as i run over to hank. "H-H-" i cried not being able to talk. "Dad, please don't die i need you." I say with tears streaming down my face. A cold hand grabbed my shoulder.  I turn around and slapped him. "Conner, if you would have let me help i could have saved him!" I shouted at him. Not realizing his LED was bright red. "Y/N! Get away from him he is deviant!" Someone shouted. I look up into Conner's deep brown eyes. "C-Conner, you wouldn't-" i muttered. He pulled me up an held me close to him  his LED turning blue again. "I couldn't hurt you or hank." He answered. A paramedic arrived taking hank to hospital.

Conner took me home and laid me on the couch. Sumo resting his head against my arm. "Good boy sumo, hank is going to be OK i promise you." I whisper. Conner hugged me trying to calm me down. "I love you Y/N." He whispered rubbing circles into the small of my back. Conner got up and put a blanket over me. "Conner, can you s-stay with me?" I asked as he walked away. "Anything for you Y/N." He answered pulling the large blanket over him as he lays on the couch. I could tell he was uncomfortable. he laid there as stiff as a rock. I nuzzled into him wrapping my arm around his waist.

(A/n- hank is Y/N'S long lost father but she didn't know that so she wanted to feel like she had a dad, little does she know he is her real dad) [BRO WHAT WAS I ON LMAOO, MY 14YR OLD SELF RLY HAD SOME ISSUES]

{Time skooop}

I wake up to Conner spooning me. His warm arm wrapped around my waist. His head on mine. A soft kiss is placed upon my head. "Morning Connie , how did you sleep?" i ask turning to face him.  "it was good Y/N how was yours?," he answered, "Y/N your heart rate has increased by 15% are you OK?" i looked down hiding my face in his chest. "I'm fine Conner, i just-" i said getting cut off from a kiss. i pull away to look at the clock. "shit.." i mutter. i lightly push Conner onto the floor and run to my room. "Conner, could you grab my shirt from the laundry room?" i shout. He walks into my room with a maroon shirt and some black ripped jeans. "Conner i only asked for a shirt but i guess you have better fashion scene so ill take it." i say blushing. Conner starts to analyse me. "marshmallow?  was that a pet?" he asks. i look down on the verge of tears. "No Conner, Gavin called me that when we were together." i muttered. a tear rolled down my cheek as i quietly sobbed. "You and G-" he had heard me sobbing and ran over to hug me. "I'm so sorry Y/NI didn't know, I-" "NO ONE KNEW CONNER, NO ONE CARED, NOT A SINGLE SOUL DID!"

i shouted. "HANK DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YET YOU FUCKING ANDROIDS KNOW EVERYTHING DON'T YOU, YOU THINK YOUR SO SMART JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ABLE TO ANALYSE US," i continued Conner placed his hand on my shoulder, "GET AWAY FROM ME CONNER JUST GET OUT." My sobs became louder and louder. I got up and dressed getting ready to leave for my DNA test that only hank knew about. i walk past Conner not even looking at him as i cried. "Y/N i'm sorry i didn't want to upset you." he said. I ignored him and walked out the door towards hanks car. I get in the front seat of hanks car and drive to the hospital.

{Time skooop}

I arrive at the hospital and walk to the testing room. "Name?" a nurse asked me. "uh, its Y/N." I answer . "Ah, Y/N follow me this test will be over in no time." I follow her into the test room and sit on a bright red chair. i look up at her and realize she is an android. "OK,just relax this wont take long." she says analyzing me. i squirm in my seat. "Done, would you like to know now or not?" she asked. "could i know now/" i answered and she nodded. she gave me a piece of paper with my name on it. "turn it over for your results." she reassured me. i slowly turn over the paper. it read:

                                                Y/N Anderson,

                                                Daughter of Chloe Lawrence and Hank Anderson 

                                                Father is alive, Mother is dead, Father is a lieutenant, Mother was a                                                              prostitute. 

I ran out of the test room with the piece of paper. "Where is Hank Anderson's room i must speak with him immediately," i shouted, "i am detective Anderson, i must investigate his case." a nurse took me to his room and left as soon as we got there. i knocked on the door. "Who is it, if it is for my medicine i'm not opening the door." he said. i laugh at this comment and he opens the door. "Hank, or may i call you Dad?" i ask giving him the DNA results.   

[Brother, what is this shit lmaooo. If i could go bk in time istg i would slap the shit out of my younger self]