05

Taehyung and Jimin live together on campus as well. They were the first friends Jungkook made at college. He spends most of his time with them when he's not with me. Taehyung and Jungkook were sprawled out on the floor playing a dumb video game while Jimin and I were on the couch watching a Youtube video on his phone. 

"There's this girl in my class, Dahye." Taehyung said causing me to look up at them. "She's been asking me to help hook you two up."

"Dahye?" Jungkook asked. "I just saw her at the library, she told me she'd find me at Hoseok's party next week."

Taehyung laughed, "Well, she has a crush on you." he stated. "Ask her out on a date."

"A date?" I thought out loud.

"Yeah...a date." Taehyung repeated turning to look at me weirdly. "What?"

"Nothing!" I said looking back down at Jimin's phone. "Just can't remember the last time Jungkook went on a date."

"Well, he should." Taehyung said. "She has the biggest crush on you and she's a nice girl."

"I don't know-"

Taehyung groaned, "It's just one date."

"Leave him alone." Jimin chuckled. "Maybe he's just not interested."

"Who even has crushes anyways?" Jungkook asked. "This isn't high school."

Before I met Jaebum my sophomore year, I had a huge crush on Jungkook. It was a secret crush that I forgot about once I met Jaebum but it was a year long crush and it didn't help that he would suggest we "practice" kissing on each other. He came back from summer camp and magically became attractive and I didn't know how else to react. During that time Jungkook had a crush on this girl Haeun, I was devastated. Every time he used to mention her, I would literally change the subject. Poor girl, I ignored her every time I was with Jungkook. Besides Sojung, that was the last girl Jungkook ever mentioned to me. He doesn't even tell me about his hook up and every time I ask him if he's met any girls he changes the subject so it's weird watching this play out. Something didn't sit right with me.

"Just go out with her." Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Just one date, so she can stop bothering me about it."

"What do you think?" Jungkook asked turning to look at me. 

I shrugged, "I-I guess one date wouldn't hurt, right?" I don't know who I was trying to convince more, Jungkook or myself. 

That was the last I heard about Dahye until a couple days later when Jungkook barged into my room announcing that he had a date. 

"Wait, you were serious about that?" I asked shocked that he actually asked her out. 

He nodded, "Why not, right?" he shrugged. "What's the worst that could happen? I fall in love?" 

I don't know why but that left a bad taste in my mouth. 

"I just didn't know you were dating again." I said. "I mean, are you ready?"

"I'm always ready." he laughed. "You know me, I love love."

That's true. One of the first things we bonded over was falling in love. We used to talk about finding our soulmates together. We were so excited to go into high school so we could experience falling in love. In middle school, we used to have romantic comedy marathons. We both were very invested in Twilight. Both Team Edward, of course. We loved how much Edward loved Bella, he was willing to sacrifice everything for her happiness. We are hopeless romantics. 

I didn't know I was this selfish when it came to Jungkook. I guess I really am a brat because the thought of having to share Jungkook made me feel uneasy. I knew eventually we both would date in college and it was never a problem in the past but I've been so reliant on Jungkook lately, I think I forgot what it's like to have separate lives. He deserves happiness, he deserves all the love in the world, I know that but it's weird when it's coming from someone else. He calls me his number one girl and I don't think I'm ready to be second. I really am selfish but I'll never tell him that. Regardless of what I feel, he deserves to fall in love. We're best friends, so, what kind of best friend would I be if I let my selfish reasons stop that? 

A/N: 

Very short again I apologize but it will all make sense in the long run.