A Confession and An Apology

Primtalia: School of Sorcery
Chapter Thirty-Two
A Confession and An Apology

When I awoke, it was to the sound of shuffling as the girls in the room got ready for their day. As I laid on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, feeling of dread washed over me. As I sat up and got dressed, I recalled that today is the day everyone gets back and that's probably why I feel bad.

Heading into the hallway, I found Vlad and Arthur arguing about hats. Going closer, I discovered they each had a similar hat with different designs. While Vlad held a simple, yet elegant, black top hat, Arthur had a dark ember red hat that was laced with a silky floral ribbon and an array of pins on one side.

"It's hideous, if we're wearing hats, let me wear that one!" Arthur demanded, pointing a finger at Vlad's hat.

"I called it, plus they're mine to begin with, so suck it up already." Groaned Vlad, glancing over in time to see me.

"Oh, come off it, Arthur, it's not that bad." I commented, drawing my wand from my pocket to flick it at the ribbon, splitting it in half before turning one half red and the other white to lay around the bottom of the hat.

"H-Hey, what are you doing?!" Vlad asked, trying to reach over us to get the hat back.

"Improving it," I said.

"It was a gift from Analie, though!" He added, still reaching over.

My eyebrows raised as I looked from Arthur, to him, and back to Arthur who was now smiling like I was.

"Did I stutter, Arthur?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, I don't believe you did." Arthur responded, moving between the two of us to allow me to continue my mischief.

I pulled the ugly, vintage pins off the side and handed them to Vlad who, admitting defeat for the time being, received them with a look of utter shock.

"It's okay now, but it's like something is missing Arthur – try it on, yeah?" I suggested.

He happily placed the large hat atop his head, pushing it backwards so that it wouldn't fall over his eyes.

Nodding, I took the hat, "Do you know the shrinking spell, Arthur?"

"Yes, actually," he replied, pulling his own wand out and tapping the hat with a, "Minimosa!"

And – POOF!

The hat and ribbons tied about it shrunk three sizes to an adorable little top hat.

"We've done it!" I exclaimed, placing the hat on Arthur's head. Now, rather than being an overly large and overly adorn, vintage looking top hat, it had upgraded to become a chic miniature top hat that would suit any witch or wizard elegantly!

I smiled at my design with pride, not noting that this entire time, Vlad's face had gone pink as he glared at Arthur.

The scowl on his face was undeniable, but while I assumed it was anger at the salvation, we gave the hat, it was in fact something else.

"I want that hat." He hissed, taking his plain black hat off and tossing the handful of pins into it.

"What?!" Arthur gasped, "You've been making such a big deal about wearing that hat, now you're stuck with it!"

"They're mine, though!" He tried to argue, but Arthur wasn't hearing it as he walked on ahead, covering his ears.

Vlad remained glaring at him, but for some reason lightened up when I complimented his hat and made it miniature as well.