Detention

Primtalia: School of Sorcery
Chapter Five
Detention

"Vlad?" I called out as I opened the detention door.

The room was empty besides him and he had fallen asleep with his head on his jacket which he folded into a soft pillow. I pulled his wand from out of the basket that sat at the front desk, which, since I had permission from Gage to, allowed me to pull it out without consequence.

I stared at the groves on the wand with curiosity. I had imagined that knowing the wand was a whitewood type, he'd have felt at ease since now, at least he'd know that if he ever went bad, he'd still be unable to kill anyone. It was all because of a wand that he was in detention, one day before school started, and two before classes were actually in session.

I glanced up at Vlad, who remained asleep at his desk before pressing my lips together and sitting in the desk beside him.

I stared at him for a minute as I focused my thoughts on how I would go about talking to him. I really didn't want to upset him further since it seemed to be a rather sensitive topic to him.

Before I had fully planned the conversation out in my head, Vlad's arms slowly moved up to his face to rub his eyes.

"Good nap?" I asked, tilting my head to the side as he jumped in his seat. He furrowed his brows before he nodded sheepishly, "Still tired though. Desks aren't really meant for sleeping."

"Let's get today out of the way, what's wrong?" I asked, changing my tone immediately.

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat before shaking his head, "There's nothing to explain, so can you just let me finish my detention?"

"Ah... Here I thought we trusted each other with secrets," I cooed quietly, turning my body to look foreword.

"This isn't about trust, _____, it's about privacy and I'd like to keep mine." He responded apathetically. I was losing him and needed to act fast!

"Fine, fine," I said, "but what about you and Arthur? You know he was only teasing you, right?"

He didn't respond so lowly, I continued, "None of us think you're a bad guy, so I wish you'd stop treating yourself like a criminal." I stood up and turned towards the door while he thought on it, but he must have interpret my standing as leaving, so he reached for my arm and held it tightly as spoke, "Wait!" He paused for a second, then continued with a very flustered look on his face, "I'm sorry... For how I've been acting today."

"