Nymph

Primtalia: School of Sorcery
Chapter Twenty-Two
Nymph

Just as I was told, I entered the library with the book stuffed into the inner pocket of my robes so that no one would see it.

I felt my stomach turning as I entered the library. There were a few students wandering around and a few more sitting at tables, catching up on homework and studying. Something which, although I needed to do more of myself, I wasn't yet in the mindset to.

As I headed towards the same room as always, I was stopped by Professor Hyenni who was monitoring the room, "Miss ______, you've finally left the hospital wing, I see."

"Y-Yeah, I'm taking baby steps, I suppose." I replied.

"Yes, and you've somehow found your way in here of all places... Might I inquire as to why?" She continued, cocking a brow.

"Ah—I'm just t-trying to study for my midterms. Anything to distract me, really." I replied, avoiding eye contact.

She nodded as if she were believing me, "Very well," she spoke, "do come find me if you see anything suspicious, alright?"

"Yes ma'am." I answered, letting her walk past me, further into the library.

Sighing out in relief, I turned back towards the room and entered. The door behind me automatically locked itself up, startling me as it clicked and clanked.

"You made it!" Vlad's voice boomed as he jumped up and ran towards me, "How are you feeling?"

"Well you'd know if you bothered to visit once in a while." I said, brushing past him and over to the table.

Gage, Bliss, and Antonio were the only prefects inside. Vlad, Lukas, and Arthur were the only other students.

"I guess I thought there'd be more people here..." I admitted as I took my seat.

"Well I wanted more people here but someone—" Bliss said, shooting a glare at Gage, "But there are others who strongly opposed a big group."

"The more people we bring into this room, the larger the potential of a rat. You're lucky I even accepted Antonio here." He hissed in response.

"I came of my own accord. I want to know as much as you who hurt one of my friends." Antonio shot a glare. Gage rolled his eyes but kept quiet.

"I'm a plus one, but I believe my ability to communicate through mind may be of use if need be." Lukas commented modestly.

"And Arthur and I are here to help you out however you need, _______." Vlad assured with a smile.

I felt warm hearing him say so and let a smile overtake my face, "First thing is first then. Let's work off these hints Amber gave us."

I pulled out the book and set it on the table, opened on the page with the symbols.

For another half hour we all tried pitching ideas for as to what it could mean, but eventually the talk settled down.

"So, the magnifying glass is a mystery." Laughed Arthur, "I'm so glad she felt the need to remind us this would be a mystery as if we wouldn't have already known."

"Hey, you can't make fun of the dead... I think, at least... It does sound wrong though." Vlad said.

"What would she say if she were here?" I wondered, staring at the symbols some more.

"She'd probably laugh at Arthur's stupid eyebrows for starters." Gage pointed out, causing everyone except Arthur to laugh. His face went pink as he sadly rubbed where his eyebrows used to be.