Get Trashed

Narrator's POV

"Mornin'." Tony greeted, walking into the dinning room.

Stephen was sitting at the table, reading his book, not looking up. "Anthony."

"Tony. Anthony makes me feel old." Tony took a seat next to him, smiling at Stephen. His hair still messy, and he wore a blue robe that remained opened, as well as his Ironman slippers.

"The slippers are new." Stephen said, still into his book.

"Like em'?" Tony asked tapping the floor a few times.

"Tacky." Stephen said.

"Is your tea a different brand or something?" Tony asked, taking the mug in his hand.

"Wait, don't-"

"Lavender usually has a smell to it-" Tony stopped, sniffing the tea. "Is this..."

"Oh, shut up." Stephen said.

"You've been drinking whisky this entire time?!" Tony stood from his chair.

Stephen rolled his eyes at Tony's dramatic reaction. "How else am I suppose to put up with you all day?" He smiled.

"It's not even nine o'clock in the morning!" Tony said.

Stephen threw his hands up in the air. "Why does the time even matter?"

"You have no idea how bad this stuff is for your body this early in the morning." Tony said.

"So what?" Stephen said. "We're all destined to die someday." He said. "It's my choice to speed to process."

"Geez, Wizard." Tony said.

Stephen's head perking up.

"You've really got to clean up your act." Tony said. "I mean, not even I got up to-"

"Wizard." Stephen said.

"Hm?" Tony looked at him.

Stephen stood from his chair.

Thoughts unbinding in his mind.

Blurry memories popping into his mind.

"Where did you...?" Stephen looked at Tony, tilting his head.

"What are you talking about?" Tony asked.

Stephen shook his head. "Never mind." He said. "We need to go out today."

"Wow, you?" Tony asked, looking around. "You want to go out today?"

"Why not?" Stephen said. "It's my day to treat us and take you out for a walk." He put the book down, uncrossing his legs and standing up. "Gotta make sure you get all your energy out before you start bothering me at night."

"Are you serious?" Tony asked.

"Was I not clear enough? Or are you naturally this slow?" Stephen asked.

Tony chuckled. "Alright, Mister Funny Pants." He said. "Let me get dressed."

///0///0

"Here you go." A man behind a wooden counter said, placing two green bottles of beer on the counter in front of Tony and Stephen.

"Thanks." Tony grabbed his bottle. He popped the top off with a bottle opener on a wooden pillar next to him.

They had gone into the Ole Waterin' Hole Pub.

Tony began to drink.

Stephen leaned against the counter with a cigarette in hand, puffing a cloud of smoke out.