Chapter 9: Sparring

Start from the beginning

She thought she could take it. She had been through worse. Caspian was packing in the room next to theirs, so she needed to stay strong. If he would see this he would never let her go with him.

Then the pain started.

————————————————————
The screams were terrible. He could clearly hear her crying out through the walls. He had been packing while it started.

He couldn't take it much longer. The clear evidence of what horrors had been bestowed upon her.

He had been waiting for almost half an hour outside her room, when trufflehunter came out. He couldn't withstand her struggeling alone.

Caspian held her body down while Trufflehunter bondaged the wounds.
After 15 minutes they were done.

'All done' He said and while they walked out of the room to wash their bloody hands.

A few moment after that Aid also came walking out of the room. She gave Trufflehunter a greatful smile.

'Thank you, my dear badger' she said. 'It's like a can walk normally again.' She made circles walking around poles and tables.

She was very happy her disability was lessened. It was frutstrating her that she couldn't normally function. The pain was bad, but she'd had worse.

Caspian was awfully quiet. Not for the first time he was completely shocked.

'How did that happen in the first place?' He asked, his voice barely hiding his anger. 'It was a normal chain, wasn't it? Not some band of knives?'

'This happened before I was locked up, to make sure I couldn't run away' She said as if it was something simple. 'If I remember it right, My Prince, you owe me a sparring session.' Her voice beaming with pride.

'I don't know if that 's a good idea' He smirked. 'Winning from a girl doesn't really count.'

Adelaide had to admit, she loved the accent.

'I'll show you how a girl fights!' she practically shoved him out of the door and pulled two daggers. 

The sun was shining upon the blades while leaves were slowly falling. The ground was soft, meaning she could definetly be harsh on him.  Adelaide smiled.

Caspian moved a few feet further as they began circelling eachother. Nikabrik was standing against the hut while lazily eating an apple.

'I bet that that girl will strike you down in half a second' he laughed, while showing a coin.

'Challenge accepted, small man.' Caspian shouted back.

Obviously he thought he could easily beat her but he was horribly mistaken.

He made a lazy strike to her head with his sword. The strike didn't hold any power. She ducked and spinned while kicking his legs so that he fell to the ground.  His eyes were full of surprise.

'You can't even beat a little girl!' She was mocking him, playing with him.

He stood up and brushed the ground off his clothes. He was wearing brown pants with a way to big white blouse. She could see his chest through it. He had trained well.

Now she attacked first. She put one dagger next to his head which he managed to block and tried to hit her in the stomach. She jumped out of his reach quickly, they were both panting. He was better than she had thought.

They went on like this for hours, while she beat him twice as much as he beat her. Obviously his pride was wounded.

They went in for a last round, both panting harshly. They circled and danced around eachother, while striking an blocking.

Eventually he managed to tackle her but she took him with her in the fall. They met the ground with a harsh tud.
She struggled beneath him as she was trying to get up.

'You know that doesn't count. Falling is never...'

She was silenced as she met his gaze. He was intensly looking at her, while his chocolate brown eyes were sparkling.  Their hearts were thundering in their chests. She couldn't move nor breathe.

He brushed a piece of hair out of her face and stood up. Breaking their moment. It took him a while to come back to senses.

She also stood up and brushed off the diet shyly  They were both panting.

'Good game...'
'Do you...'

They both said in sync.

'We should do that again some time.' She panted.

'We should' He said dryly.

After a few moment she spoke again.
'Shall we go inside? I think it's getting a bit late.'

Caspian finally woke up from his trance and walked inside. She was right, the sun had already started to set.

In the door entrance Caspian turned around.
'We should leave at first light. I don't want to draw attention.'

She knew what he meant. He didn't want  Trufflehunter and Nikabrik to see them off.  She nodded.

'Sleep well Cas' She said as she walked past him to her chamber.

'Sleep well Aid' He whispered in her ear while she walked by. She could feel the heat radiating from his chest.

She throws herself on the bed. She could still feel Caspians warmth. It is unwise to get to attached to the boy. What if anything should happen to him? She shivers at the thought.

It takes a while for her to sleep. That night she dreams of handsome princes and tricky games.

Authors notice:
Hello dear reader,

I'm sorry it took me so long to update. Life has been a mess lately. Hopefully you liked this chapter. What was your favourite sentence of this chapter? Please leave a comment. <3