Chapter 2: The King

Adelaide quickly changed, hoping that the guard had not seen her bare skin. When she was done her fingers were trembling as she reached for the mirror. It had been seventeen years since she last saw her own reflection. How would she look now? She was afraid to face what had become of her.
She slowly lifted it up and looked at her reflection through the cracks.

Her once shiny blonde hair was covered in dirt and sticked together in straps of different shades around her face. Her whole face was almost unrecognizable as dust made her pale skin look grey. Through all the mess she looked at herself. Her thick eyelashes and mouth were still the same, as for her high cheekbones, but the most impressive feature was completely untouched. Her violet-blue eyes still showed the same spirit and she was relieved that after all these years they had not been able to break her mind as they have broken her body.

The celldoor opened and she quickly sprang to her feet while dropping the mirror.

King Miraz entered her cell accompanied by four guards. She laughed to herself as she saw the guards. What could a sixteen year old looking girl do against all these men?

The last time Miraz had visited her was 2 years ago when there was a narnian attack on a supply route and she had to pay for it. She could only imagine why he was here today. His features where vague against the candlelight as he walked forward.

'Lady Adelaide, how nice of you to meet me at such short notice' he said, as if she had any choice. She said nothing back while his gaze met hers.

He made a quick movement with his hand and 3 guards left the cell. As he came closer, she started to feel smaller and smaller.

'Why are you here?' she mumbled.

'I came here to ask you something important, something that is connected to you.' He said while circeling around her like a vulture. 'Tell me how you obtained your eternal youth and your former immortality and guard Joshua will leave you alone tonight.' he said casually.

She turned to look at the biggest guard that was supposed to be Joshua and her heart filled with fright. At the castle she had been raped several times, not being able to resist. Even with the professors dagger she did not know if she would be able to keep a big man such as Joshua away.

'I do not know' She whispered.

'What did you say?' The king asked, she could see that he was becoming irritated.

'I do not know' She repeated a little louder.

One moment king Miraz was standing in front of her and the next he had grabbed her by her chin and pushed her against the wall.

'TELL ME!'He shouted into her ear while she flinched and struggled to move. Her eyes were blown wide in shock. 

'I don't remember anything from my creation, the first thing I saw was Aslan standing before me. I lost my immortality when the magic was lost.' She said while having a hard time breathing. He squeezed her neck tightly.

He brought his face close to her ear and whispered gently 'And how can I obtain this immortality?'
The soft words scared her even more.

'You can not' She said with a trembling voice, one tear sliding along her cheek.

Miraz let go of her and she fell to the ground. The room became afwully quiet.

'Enjoy your time with Joshua tonight' He said while turning back to the door.

'No.... please, PLEASE!' She shouted while trying to grab the kings cloak.
Miraz just simply walked away, leaving her and guard Joshua alone.

When the king was gone, she thought about the dagger again. It was hidden in the wall together with the food from master Cornelius. Joshua approached her and she tried to run to the wall,
her chain rusteling behind her. Right before she reached the wall, she was grabbed from behind. The dagger fell to the ground.

Her screames where swallowed by a hand as she was pushed on the floor. His hands were touching all her areas and she couldn't do anything. This time she wouldn't slump and take it though. 

Suddenly her hand felt something. The hilt of the daggar. She slowly picked it up with her right hand while struggeling hard in his grip. For a moment she hesitated.

Then she swiftely turned around pushed the dagger into his chest with all the force she had left. Joshua made one last movement before his body became lifeless. The dead weight lying on top of her as she stared right into his eyes. She gasped for air.

While she struggled to push Joshua's corpse off her, the other 3 guards came into her cell, taking Joshua away they knocked her unconscious.

Author's Note:
hey people🙋‍♀️
I will upload the next chapters when at least 10 people have read this book.
X