Surprise

You wake up to the sound of jets landing and taking off, Tony had mentioned that the Avengers hangar is not far from the main building. It's still dark outside. You assume that it's around 4:45 am.

Last night you had been so tired that you had forgotten to close the door to your balcony, so your room is filled with chilly autumn air.

As you lay on your bed in silent thought you hear your phone vibrating, who would be calling you this early?

Groggily, you roll over, grab your phone and answer; not bothering to look at who's calling.

"Hello?" you mumble into the speaker as you plop your hand over your eyes.

"Come downstairs, I have a surprise," it's Peter. A smile slowly creeps across your face.

"Peter Parker, it's merely five am, why are you awake?"

He just laughs.

"No, it's 4:30 in the morning," even earlier than you had thought.

"My point exactly," you giggle.

"I'm spiderman Scar, which makes me just like a spider; I don't need hardly any sleep to function. Now c'mon, come downstairs!"

You flop your arm out to your side in despair and exhaustion. "First of all, that logic makes no sense and second, I don't wanna. My bed's comfy and I'm comfy... and it's cold everywhere else," you whine

You expect some more pleading from Peter, but he just hangs up.

"Peter?" you say into the phone.

What kind of surprise is he talking about? Oh well, it can wait.

As you're about to roll over and attempt to go back to sleep your door flies open and hits the wall.

"What the-"

"Good morning!" Peter yells as he runs and jumps onto your bed, and you.

His sudden weight on you momentarily takes your breath away.

"Get off!" you yell back; laughing and rolling around as an attempt to get away from him.

"Get up get up!" he says as he stands and tries to pull you out of the bed.

"Well if I could," you laugh as you flail around, aiming to smack his legs and knock him over.

He lets go of your arms and grabs both of your legs and pulls hard.

"Ow, OW!" You land hard on the floor, tangled in your blankets and sheets which have also been forcefully ripped off the bed. "Peter chill!" you laugh and say as you kick your legs out of his grip.

"Good, now you're up," he says, laughing at you.

"You think?" you slowly stand up and grab all of your blankets off of the floor and toss them back onto your bed. "There are more pleasant ways to wake a person rather than attacking them," you huff at him as you brush through your tangled curls with your fingers.

You fell asleep in an old oversized Oxford sweatshirt and black spandex, which you can't see hence the sweatshirt.

He plops onto the edge of your bed and sighs. "I go back to the city today,"

"I know," you say as you plop down next to him, the two of you stay there for a while before saying anything else.

Being with him and around him makes you feel so safe and secure. It's only been a few months that you've known him, but right now he's the most important person in your life. Thinking about him leaving breaks your heart.

You look over at Peter, he looks so upset.

"Hey," you say gently as you grab his hand and lace your fingers with his. "We still have a few hours. Plus, I'll see you in a couple of days; I have to go the city in a soon anyways to get some stuff from my apartment."

His expression lightens a little, but he doesn't say anything.

"What?" you ask as you stare into his big brown eyes.

He stands up and starts pulling you towards the door.

"Peter where are we going?" you groan.

As the two of you walk through the big room that holds yours and everyone else's rooms, you're surprised to see all of the other doors still closed. You figured that everyone would be awake considering all of the noise that Peter made when he 'woke you up'.

"Close your eyes," he says pulling you into the big hallway, your feet suddenly go cold.

The floor in the hallways and main areas have marble floors, whereas the bedrooms and big room have soft, warm carpet.

"Ooh, ooh," you say jumping from foot to foot.

"What?" Peter says as he stops walking.

"The floor is so cold!" you whisper scream at him.

You feel him grab you and throw you onto his back.

"What are you doing?"

"Have you never heard of a piggy back ride?"

You complain, the floor's freezing.

You wrap your arms around his neck and lay your head on his shoulder.

"Close your eyes," you already have. "Are they closed?"

"Yes Peter, they're closed."

"Good," he starts to walk, you don't know where.

With your arms around his neck and your head resting comfortably on his shoulder, you drift back to sleep.

"You're awfully quiet," Peter says after a few minutes

You snap back into reality when you hear his voice.

"Sorry, I'm sleepy" you say, followed by a big yawn.

"I can tell," he replies with a little laugh under his breath.

"How much longer do I have to keep my eyes closed?"

"Not too long, we're almost there,"

"Okay,"

Less than a minute later Peter sets you down in a chair. You feel the icy marble floor on the pads of your feet, it's ridiculously cold. You also smell something, but you can't identify what, it smells amazing.

"Keep em' closed," Peter says from somewhere behind you.

"I'm gonna fall asleep again Parker, hurry up," you groan.

"Okay, now you can open them" Peter says from in front of you.

As you open your eyes you're faced with a table set for two with fruit, cinnamon rolls, and fresh orange juice.

"Peter," you spit out, you're speechless. He did this all for you?

"Surprise," he says with a goofy smile.

"You made all of this for me?" you ask.

"It's our last day together, I wanted to do something nice," he says.

You stand up and walk over to Peter and pull him into a tight hug.

"Thank you," you're still at a loss for words.