"I'm going to AUSTRALIA and I'm gonna see KANGAROOS! Oh, and your family"

Fifteen.

     I wake up the next morning to bright sunlight streaming through the windows, and Ashton still beside me, his arms wrapped around me. He's still asleep; I can tell by the light sound of his snoring. I cuddle myself into him, my head snuggled into his chest, and close my eyes so I can stay half-asleep half-awake until he wakes up.

      I almost fall back to sleep, but I'm jolted back to consciousness by the sound of footsteps running down the hallway. And then I hear Madi's voice calling my name loudly on the other side of my bedroom door. "Sadie! Your mom said you were still sleeping, but you need to wake up now because I'm here! C'mon, wake up and let me in! Or I'll just let myself in!"

      Since I'm not quite awake, I can't seem to form a response. When Madi realizes no one is going to answer her, she yells "Okay, I'm coming in! But you two better be decent!" And then the door opens, and Madi enters my bedroom. "Sadie, wake up-" She starts to yell again, but then her eyes land on my bed, more specifically, Ashton and I in my bed together. Even though we're both fully clothed in sweatpants and t-shirts, her eyes grow big and, more loudly than before, she squeals, "OH MY GOD, I KNEW IT."

       I'm about to tell her to quiet down so my parents don't come running up here, but then Ashton jolts awake, and startled by her loudness, falls off the bed, landing on the floor with a loud thump.

       "Ow," He mumbles from the floor, "wow, that hurt."

       I start to laugh, covering my mouth with my hand, "Oh my god, I can't believe that just happened." I barely get the words out before I burst into laughter again. I'm laughing so hard that my stomach hurts, I have tears in my eyes and I can barely breathe when my mother bursts into my bedroom, looking confused and worried.

        "What happened, is everyone okay?" Mom asks, sounding genuinely worried. I'm trying to control my laughter, but her appearance makes it start up again, so I'm laughing way too hard to answer her.

        "We're- we're okay, Miss Eve," says Madi, holding in her laughter, "I just startled Ashton, that's all."

       Ashton looks up at my mother and gives her a polite, innocent smile from his spot on the floor, "Good morning, Miss Eve," He says. I've gotten myself under control now, but I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing at Ashton's words.

       "I'm confused," says Mom, "if you fell off the bed how did you end up all the way over he-" She stops suddenly as realization hits her.

        "No, no, it's not what it looks like!" Ashton says quickly, "I was sitting on Sadie's bed talking to her and then Madi ran in yelling and I was startled right off the bed."

        Ashton gives me look and then coughs when I don't seem to get it. "Uh yeah," I begin, glancing at him quickly as I try to figure out what he wants me to say, "it's true, he was." I hear Madi make a snorting sound in her attempt to not laugh.

        "Oh, okay," says Mom skeptically, looking from me to Ashton to the extra bed, then back to me, "You kids nearly gave me a heart attack." She chuckles after that, and then excuses herself and leaves the room. She might buy Ashton's lame bluff, because the bedding on the extra bed is still turned up from when Ashton was going to sleep in it last night. And, even if she didn't believe it, we're both fully (almost excessively) clothed.

        "Okay, that was hilarious," Madi says with a chuckle, "and your mom is totally suspicious."

       "Yeah, I hope she doesn't tell anyone what she witnessed," I say, "or else Ashton will never be allowed to spend the night ever again."