"The judge thinks I did."

"Well, that's the final say." She passes me a small, see through bag. "In this you'll find your 2 sets of uniforms, pyjamas, a hat, soap, a toothbrush and toothpaste, shoes, a hair brush and I.D. You will need to wear your uniform and I.D. at all times. Failure to comply with this rule will result in one week in solitary. Here is your pillow. Do not lose it, you will have to pay for another." She lists off with a bored expression. "Do you understand?"

I nod stiffly.

"Do you have any questions?"

"What else will land me in solitary? What are the rules?" I correct myself. 

"Assault of an inmate will lead to 5 days in solitary. Assault of a guard will lead to one week in solitary. Breaking code of conduct will lead to 4 days in solitary. Attempt at escape will add 2 years to your sentence and 2 weeks in solitary."

I nod again.

"Anything else?" She asks.

"No."

"No thank you." She corrects me sternly.

"No thank you." I correct myself.

"You will have three minutes to change out of your clothes and into your uniform. We will take the clothes and store it for when you are released."

She points to a door. I walk in and swiftly change, once I finish, I exit and hand my clothes to her neatly folded.

Two guards walk in and assort me out. They lead me down a hall and then another before opening a door with a key card.

I look down the hall to see piles of cells with barred doors.

The lead me down the hall until I got to the third last on the left hand side.

The unlock my cell. I clutch my bag tightly. Pillow under arm. A few inmates gave me hungry, vengeful glares as if they knew who I was.

I place my pillow onto my bed. A cold white sheet lay over it on top of a base sheet. The guard closes my door and locks it.

I look around my room, it was unbearably simple.

A toilet sat in the far corner by a sink. A small bed stand stood with a single drawer.

I sigh and sit down on my bed. I grip the bag with both hands. An hour ago I was a free man. Now I'm a inmate for 10 years.

I open my bag and store my clothes in my drawer. I pull the tuque style hat over my head. It's weirdly warm. I take in my uniform. Just a black sweatshirt over a black t-shirt. Only a SVP decorates it, black pants unlike jeans, windbreaker with a matching logo, a pair of black lace up boots.

I take off the windbreaker and just snuggle into my new sweatshirt.

I put away my toiletries.

This was going to be a long 10 years.

No. My friends will get me out. I have to believe that.

- flash back over -

After a little while, a guard escorts me to the telephone booths.

Sitting across from me is Rai.

I smile softly.

I pick up the phone.

"Hey Rai." I smile.