Even the Devil has a soft side with Miguel

Request: Ok. 😊 Could you maybe give us some hc about proving to Miguel (or Nestor, if you prefer) that you can handle him and the life? Thank you!

A/N: I am going to do Miguel, I rarely write for Miguel, so I hope you enjoy!

Growing up Miguel had watched his mother be the soft, doting housewife never mixing in business, raising him and making sure he was loved and safe.

He knew that's what he wanted in a wife.

When he met you, you were a force of nature, it was just suppose to be a fling, he never planned on falling in love with you.

But thats what happened, he fell head over heels in love with you.

You knew he was into something not so legal but he refused to tell you.

One night after dating for six months you sat Miguel down.

"If we are going to be something, something serious, I don't do secrets, I am either all in or you walk out that door, but I don't want to be someone who is kept in the dark" you tell him.

"I need time" he tells you.

The next day he comes over to your place and cooks you dinner, after dinner he opens another bottle of wine and tells you the basics of the cartel and going legit.

"I'm all in" you tell him.

The following year you're married and more and more you worm your way into the business, Miguel doesn't want you to work a normal job and you're bored out of your mind.

After the DOJ deal, Miguel told you to stay out of it and he would handle it.

But there you were in his study, your feet up on his desk surrounded by papers. chewing on his favourite pen.

"You know I have people to deal with this" He says

"Yeah, but I want to help you" you say not looking up from the papers in front of you.

he would come over making room for himself on his desk "When I was a kid, my mother stayed home, took me to school everyday, made me dinner, she ran the house, she didn't get involved with the business"

"well its quite clear I am not your mother, I have no desire to be some doting housewife Miguel, you knew that before you married me"

"You're far too stubborn" he says taking his pen out of your mouth. rolling your eyes you just snatch it back off him and go back to work.

Miguel just smiles down at you, knowing that once upon a time he wanted a doting housewife, he got exactly what he needed a partner, an equal. Someone to challenge him, to inspire him.