Wedding Blues Part 2 - Angel

Watching as my sister Vi smooths down the front of my dress, I feel the pit of dread in my stomach starting to swell.

"You look so beautiful" Vi tells me brushing the tears from her eyes "though to be honest I always thought it would be you and—"

"Don't" I say cutting her off, the memory of our phone call last night still fresh in my mind

Pressing her forehead to mine "I love you little sis" Vi tells me before pulling my veil over my face.

Stepping back she takes one last look over me satisfied with the result she hands me a bouquet of red roses.

The door opens and my wedding planner Taylor steps in "We're ready for you" she says smiling at me warmly

My sister and I follow her into the entry of the church Taylor slips inside the big doors and Vi approaches them.

The doors open and I hear the music start Vi smiles and starts to walk down the aisle, the doors closing behind her.

I feel like I can't breathe, I feel the soul crushing dread cover my body, and I start to shake. I drop my flowers and race to the doors of the church desperate for fresh air.

Gasping as I exit the church I rip of my veil, then I see him, parked across the street, leaning against the hood of Coco's car smoking a cigarette.

And for the second time today all the air is knocked out of me, he's a little older, a little more filled out but I would know him anywhere, my soul knows his.

Even with this distance between us I can feel the concern radiating off him, I start to run across the church grounds and over to him "Get me out of here?" I ask him