Epilogue

Before I start I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has been with me through the beginning. This is my first story that I've ever written! I hope you all loved it! Please share it with your friends. I'm sad to say that this is the last update but don't worry, I am going to be starting a new fan fic. Once again, it's a Harry fan fic so keep a look out for that one! Please leave comments and vote for this. I have just hit 100 votes and that was amazing! I love you guy's lots! Please if you don't already go follow me on twitter @XxHarryStyles__! This last update is dedicated to annecas34!

Epilogue

It's been a year since the day that Caitlyn moved back in with her mom in Chicago. It's also been five years since the last time I've seen Caitlyn in person. After she moved we'd talked on the phone a few times but, we have kind of split apart. Isn't that crazy? How two best friends could be so in love but when one little bump in the road hits, it changes their entire life.

The boys and I just got notified that we would be going on tour in the states because our album had just been released. Our first stop: Chicago.

I thought about it so many times, if I should go and see Caitlyn or not. I wondered if she even still cared about me. The reason why we stopped talking was because she stopped answering my calls. I figured it was because she didn't want to have to keep saying goodbye, I know that was a problem she had before.

"Ready to go, mate?" Louis asked me as he clapped his hand to my shoulder just a week later.

"Yeah, got all my stuff packed," I said.

"I wasn't talking about that, Harold," Louis said as he shook his head.

"Well then what did you mean?" I asked in a bit of an annoyed voice, already knowing what he was going to say.

"I'm saying, are you ready to go and see Caitlyn!"

"Louis, for all I know, she doesn't want to see me. We haven't talked in a year, I would assume that she would have called or something, at lease she would have answered my calls. She probably found a guy that can take care of her, and who knows,she could easily be married," I pouted.

"Come on, man. You can't afford to think like that! And married? I don't think so." Zayn said, joining the conversation.

"I'm thinking logically, you know, being realistic." I really was. That was one of the reasons why I didn't want to go to see Caitlyn. I didn't know what was going to happen, what I was going to see. My heard was already shattered; I didn't want to be hurt anymore.

It took hours, but we finally got to Chicago. It was about 2:30 in the morning and I was extremely tired from being on a plane for so long. I'd go and see Caitlyn first thing in the morning.

I instantly fell asleep as soon as I hit my pillow, and it felt like as soon as I fell asleep it was time for me to wake up.

"Wakey, wakey Harry! Time to get up!" Louis screamed as he jumped around on my bed.

I took as long as I could to get ready. I wanted to stall. I did want to see Caitlyn but I didn't want to be hurt by what I saw. She was so beautiful; I would be shocked if she remained single all this time like I did.

When the time finally came, I slowly walked over to her apartment. I knocked on her door and her mom answered looking puzzled. I could understand why, I'm basically a stranger now after not seeing either one of them for a year.

"Uh, hi Lillian, is Caitlyn around?"

She shook to look off and then awkwardly said, "Harry, it's so nice to see you. Um, why don't you come in for a moment?" I stepped into the apartment and took a seat on the couch. "Would you like some tea?" her mom asked walking into the kitchen.

"No, I'm fine, thank you. I would just kind of like to talk to Caitlyn."

Lillian looked toward the ground. I heard her take some deep breaths before she said, "Harry, I have something to tell you." I knew what was coming. My heart began to beat faster and faster, and tears started to fill in my eyes. "I mean, you know that the doctors said that the cancer was spreading. What they didn't say was that there wasn't anything they could do about it." She took more deep breaths and then said, "Caitlyn passed away about a month after she came back."

I was speechless; I didn't know what to say if I could talk! I couldn't help but have the tears start pouring out of my eyes like a waterfall. I finally got myself together enough for me to say, "I'm so sorry to hear that."

She came over to me and put a hand to my back as I continued to cry in my hands. I sat there crying on her sofa for about an hour until I finally left and went back to the hotel.

"Well you were gone a long time!" Louis said winking at me before he got a chance to see that my eyes were red.

"Don't get too excited," I said between sobs, "nothing happened, and nothing ever will happen."

"Why is that, Harry?" Liam asked as he stood up from the couch.

I needed to take some deep breaths before I could say, "because she's dead."

The boys all ran over to me and gave me a big bear hung. I knew that they genuinely were sorry for me but I didn't want to stay there any longer. I wanted to go to the cemetery. Lillian told me where she was buried.

Before I made it to the cemetery I ran into a flower shop and picked out the biggest bouquet of flowers that there were and then was off to the cemetery.

I found her plot, the stone said, "RIP Caitlyn Moore, 1994-2012."

"Caitlyn," I began to say, "I'm so sorry that this happened to you. You have been the best friend that I have ever had; you were the love of my life. My only wish was that we would have been able to do something with that love because I know that you felt the same way. I came to Chicago thinking, 'she probably hates me and that's why she wouldn't answer my calls,' but now I feel like such an ass for saying that." I turned in circles for a moment to try to gather my words, but it was no use, I began to cry. "I just don't know why you couldn't have stayed with me longer! I wish I would have been there for you and been able to say goodbye! I know that you hate goodbyes," I yelled. I needed to calm down, I took more deep breaths. "Why couldn't things have been different Caitlyn?" I knelt down and set the bouquet of flowers next to the tombstone. I slowly began to stand up and said, "I'm sorry Caitlyn. But I want you to know, I still love you."

I began to walk away and I pulled out my phone. I logged on to twitter and I composed a new tweet.

Harry_Styles

RIP Caitlyn Moore, 1994-2012.