Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A few hours later I was sitting in a chair next to Caitlyn sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed. I heard someone say in a groggy voice, “Harry?” and I looked over to see Caitlyn slowly starting to wake up.

“Hey, beautiful,” I said as I took her and in mine and kissed her softly on the forehead, “how are you doing, you aright?”

With her free hand she rubbed her eyes and then said, “I don’t really know. I’m so confused. They told me that I would be fine but—“she trailed off trying to find the right words. I knew that this must be really hard for her to understand, it’s hard for me to understand. “If I’m supposed to be fine, Harry, then why am I in the hospital still?” 

I didn’t want to have to be the one to tell her that she has cancer. I couldn’t be the one to tell her that she has cancer. I didn’t want to have to be the one to break her heart even more than it already has. “I think the doctor is going to come in and explain everything.”

She looked down and said in a whisper, trying to hold back tears, “Harry, do you know what’s wrong with me?”

I took a deep breath. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want to lie to her but I also didn’t want to have to tell her the truth. Luckily, Dr. Larkner came in right then.

“Hello, Caitlyn. Nice to see that you are awake again.”

“What is going on with me? You told me that I was going to be ok!” She looked over at me with worry in her eyes. I squeezed her and for comfort.

“Look, ugh I hate having to say this,” he said in a hushed voice. “Caitlyn, I am sorry to say that we were wrong about your ulcer. Like I told Harry, it is really a cancerous stomach tumor, and the cancer seems to be spreading.”

After all of the bad news was delivered and everything sank in, I found myself lying with Caitlyn in my arms crying and me crying onto her as we laid upon her bed.  “Why does this have to happen, Harry?” she sobbed, “I don’t know what I did to deserve this.”

“You did absolutely nothing wrong, Caitlyn. You don’t deserve this,” I managed to say through my sobs. I wrapped my hands tightly around her and said, “I just hope everything is going to be alright.” I kissed the top of her head and she leaned further into me with her head directly under my chin. We both fell asleep in each other’s arms, praying that this was only a dream and when we would wake up, we would find ourselves back in our lovely new flat.

Sadly, most dreams just don’t come true.  

Hello everybody! I know that it has been a long time since I’ve updated, and I apologize for this being such a short update. Hopefully I will get something else out soon. I was just really excited because I saw that the last update hit 100 reads! This update was just in celebration of that! Hope you all enjoyed it at least! What do you think is going to happen next? LEAVE COMMENTS! P.S. I am going to start a new fan fic once this is over PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS TELLIN ME IF YOU WANT IT OF HARRY OR LIAM! Thank you all! This chapter is dedicated to HoransMofo for being a fan and having a really sexy picture of Harry set as their icon :) [if you want a chapter dedicated to you become a fan, leave comments and vote! Or tweet me @XxHarryStyles__]