Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

I was laying in bed later that night going over what just happened in my mind. I was about to ask her out, I got that. I wanted to ask her out and I still did. I remember the day that I fell in love with her, even though I didn’t know it at the time.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do, Harry. My mom is never home and now that my dad’s gone,” Caitlyn hiccupped through her tears, “I’m only 14, I’m too young to be taking care of myself.” She leaned into my chest as we were sitting on my bed. I had my arms wrapped around her and rubbing her arms and her back trying to comfort her. “He had ALS, so, I knew that this was coming. I just wish that I would have come later. I just—“she stopped. She was too upset to continue. This was the first time that I had actually seen her cry. We had just come back from her father’s funeral; I can understand why she would be so upset. But seeing the tears streaming down her face broke my heart. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I looked at her. Before I spoke, I took a deep breath and cleared my throat, I had to stay strong. I had to make her feel better.

“It’s all going to be ok, love. Your mom will probably be spending more time at home now. And you know that I will always be right here for you if you ever need anything. I promise everything will be ok.” I said this even though I knew it wasn’t all entirely true. I knew Caitlyn’s mom. When something bad happened in her family, she just threw herself into her work even more.

“How did you handle it,” Caitlyn took a deep breath trying to stop crying, “When your parents got a divorce?”

So much for staying strong. “I, I don’t really know, love. I was seven, so, for the longest time I didn’t really know what was going on.” I felt the tears well up in my eyes again. “My mom was a mess through it all so I knew that something bad was happening.” I lost it at the thought of seeing my mom cry. It was the worst thing that has ever happened. The tears were pouring out of my eyes now. “I guess I just, tried to forget. All I wanted to do was remember the good times that I had with my dad, even though there were limited memories.” My dad and I didn’t have the best father/son relationship, but, having him taken out of my life still hurt.

She looked up at me and started to wipe away my tears and I did the same for her. I was holding her face; makeup smeared all over, and said “You’re going to get through this, love. I’m going to help you through this.

With that we laid down and she kissed my cheek, “thank you, Harry. I honestly don’t know what I would do without you in my life.” Caitlyn then rested her head on my chest and I rested my chin on her head. It wasn’t odd that we were sleeping together. What was odd is that this felt different than other times. Yes we have slept together before, but not in a weird, inappropriate way. I felt different, like I was nervous or something.

As I was thinking back on that moment I wished that I would have known that that was the moment that I fell in love with her. When we were lying down and our arms were wrapped around each other it all just felt so right. I wish it wouldn’t have taken me four years to realize that Caitlyn was the girl of my dreams, that she was the one that I wanted to grow old with.

I rolled over in my bed and said quietly to myself, “I need to tell her. I need to tell her that I love her.”

Sorry that this was a short chapter. Hoping to get another one out later today. I need your feedback so I know that you are enjoying! Please guys! Comment, vote, or even tweet me! Please fan and I will fan back. If you have a twitter, please follow me @XxHarryStyles__ (double underscore lol) I will follow back. Let me know what you guys are thinking! Should they go out? If you give me ideas I will dedicate the chapters to you! You will me mentioned! Please! EVERYONE VOTE AND COMMENT AND FAN! Thanks for reading and share with your friends!