Powers Surfacing

Rose's POV

"...I love you." I said, as the portal transported me back to Earth.

As soon a I arrive on my home planet I clasp my hands onto my mouth in shock. D-Did I... Really just say that... Did I just tell Hawk... I love him? I turn slowly to look at Travis to see his mouth agape and his eyes open wide. My face heats up like a burning inferno as my heart beats so fast and hard it feels like it's trying to escape my chest.

"WOAH." Travis says after recovering from what must have been a shock.

"I-Is it that bad?" I replied, my voice so soft it was almost a whisper.

"No! No! I didn't mean it like that!!" Travis smiles slightly. "I just, I honestly thought Hawk would spill first, you know?"

"Sp-Spill what?" I ask, pretending not to know.

Travis opens his mouth to respond but stops before the words leave his mouth. "Nothing..." He says instead of what I know he was about to say.

"O-Oh, alright..." I mutter, it feels wrong to keep the fact that I know a secret, yet I don't want Hawk to get hurt... I don't really know what to do.

The rest of the walk home was silent. But not just any silence, awkward, tense, silence. The worst kind. I didn't know whether to break the silence or not, but even if I wanted to do the former, my mind struck a blank when I tried to think of conversational topics. So instead, I just walked, thinking, pondering over Hawk's possible responses to what I said. Was he happy? Was he shocked? Was he... Disappointed? No no no. He couldn't be... Right? I mean, I know he likes me but what if he doesn't love me... What if he thinks I'm just one of those crazy fangirls now that I said that, what if-

"AHHHHH! ROSE! COULD YOU MAYBE PUT ME DOWN? PLEASE!!!" Travis' voice jolts me back to reality.

I turn to look at him but he isn't standing next to me anymore, then out of the corner of my eye, I see him floating in the sky, surrounded by an orange glow with tiny pumpkin sparkles.

"Oh my pumpkin seeds!" I cry in shock. "I'm so sorry Travis!"

I try to set him down, but end up dropping him.

"AHHHHHHHH!" He screams as he falls towards the ground.

Time seems to slow down. I reach for my wand but it's not where I normally keep it. Panic. What do I do? I feel helpless as I watch him hurl towards the ground. There's only one thing I can do. I swallow hard and quickly close my eyes and open my palms towards him, trying as hard as I can to concentrate all my energy into levitating him in time. Hover! Hover! Hover! I keep repeating in my head.

I dare not open my eyes. 1, 2, 3... No thud. Slowly, I open one eye, then the other and heave a sigh of relief. Travis is hovering just above the ground on what looks like a sheet of the same glowing orange energy. Now that the energy is next to me, I can feel it, it's warm, familiar, almost, and comforting... So this is my power? I carefully tilt the sheet, just enough for Travis to hop off, but not too much to the point where he falls off.

As soon as Travis' feet touch the ground, I relax. 

"Thanks." He gives a nervous laugh, clearly still frightened from the previous events.

I shoot Travis a weak smile, exhausted. With that, we continue walking... I take one step forward and feel my legs go weak. I slump to the floor. Travis turns and I catch a glimpse of his face, filled with worry. I try to get up, but to no avail.

Wait... Everything's... Spinning... Again...

----------------------------------------------

Hi again!

Mewsical here!

I'm sorry for suddenly going on hiatus unannounced! The explanation is in my conversations section!

Anyways, I'm finally back and I hope to continue this story!

Once again, I'm so sorry, I hope you all can forgive me!

Thanks for your understanding!

Luv u guys!

💜