A Grand Ball!

Hawk's POV

"Students! I have very exciting news for you all! Next week we will be having another Grand Ball! Of course, it will be graded. Every one of you is required to have a date to the ball. You will be graded on character, being regal, and chivelry."

Immediately after Headmistress Cinderella stops talking, the Ballroom fills with whispers.

I want to ask Rose to be my date to the ball... Now I know she likes me I don't have to worry... I still can't believe how lucky I am though, that the most beautiful, kind, caring girl in the fairytale land would have a crush on me! ON ME!

All around the students whispered about who they were going to ask or who they hoped would ask them.

I take a deep breath and walk up to Rose.

"Rose Cinderella," I kneel down and look up at her.

"Ye-!" She turns around to see me on one leg and gasps turning pinkish as she did so.

"Will you be my d-"

Rose's POV

I feel my cheeks burning as I see Hawk on his knees.

"Will you be my d-" he starts.

"HAAAWWWWWKKKKKKK!" A swarm of fangirls rush over to pile up on top of Hawk.

"When are you gonna ask me to be your date Hawkie?"

"YOUR date?! He's mine!"

"Get off him! He's mine!"

I feel a burning feeling inside me as they fight over who Hawk will ask to be his date.

"Uggggghhhhhhh..." I grumble under my breath.

I clench my fists and instinctively raise a hand to the princesses and open my fist forcefully.

The princesses on Hawk scream as they are thrust off of him by a giant pumpkin which was surrounding Hawk, shielding him from them.

"Pumpkin seeds!!!" I cry in surprise blinking and staring at my hands in disbelief.

"Thanks Rose!" Hawk runs over and hugs me tightly.

"Uhh... No problem?" I stutter, "A-Actually I don't know how I did that... It just happened!"

Hawk's POV

Rose and I walk out of the Ballroom together, still wondering how she used her magic without activating her wand.

"Wh- why... Everything... Spin...ning..." Rose mutters just loud enough for me to hear.

I turn around just in time to catch her as she falls down, unconscious.

"Rose?" I call, "ROSE!"

I carry her bridal style and run into the Ballroom.

"Headmistress!" I cry to the leaving Cinderella.

"Yes Hawk?"

"Something's wrong with Rose!"