Thic | Prologue

Pairing⊷ BTS Jungkook ≑ Taehyung ≑ Reader

Genre ⊷ Hybrid | Angst | Fluff | CEO | College | Smut

Warning ⊷ Rated Mature (M); Explicit themes, sexual content, trigger topic that touches on insecurities specifically appearance and weight, and bullying

Summary ⊷ Taking risk wasn't in you unless it was going to get you ahead. As a pre-med student, your life had consisted of burying your head in the safe zone of study. Ripped from your comfort zone and thrown into the chaotic setting of a club, you found yourself nursing a neon green drink. Slipping into the seat next to you was gorgeous men, hybrid men, who introduced themselves as Jungkook and Taehyung.

What happens when everything you thought you knew, all your comfort, was going to change at the hands of these predators?

A/N ⊷ I understand this is a significant risk writing about this. I understand, but at the same time, I feel like I have to because well, it's also insecurity I have about myself.

I'm overweight. Yes, I hate admitting it but I'm overweight, and it's one thing I hate talking about. But today, as I showered and looked at myself in the mirror, I just felt like I needed to write this. Especially because how much BTS emphasizes the topic of "loving yourself."

You often don't see Chubby/overweight readers. You just don't. This may be sensitive to others I understand, but if that's the case. Please do not read.

In this fic, I am in no way glorifying being overweight. I honestly don't know how to word what I'm trying to say. I'm sure some people have trauma over the topic of weight and health. I just hope this fic will help people. Your weight is not a flaw, it is part of you, and you are beautiful no matter what.

I'm aware of the sensitivity regarding weight and topics surrounding the topic. However, this (series) is going to discuss the topic from a personal perspective. In no regards is there meant to be shaming. However, it will address certain insecurities and darker themes that come from own experiences and how I've dealt with my weight. The proposition of weight with the character is not a flaw, but a characteristic about "y/n." A reader is presented however the reader interprets them to be, so even if it's not addressed, who's to say the reader is one. In this case, it's just upfront regarding the shape of y/n. If you have issues with your weight that is unhealthy, please seek out a professional. Again, in no way is this story meant to promote or insinuate bullying or belittlement of individuals who are overweight, because it's not a flaw, it's a characteristic. Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.

 Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all

You feel that the odds were never in your favor. God had a special pot made of beautiful ceramic, laced with gold trimmings and was stirred by a spoon created by Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty. You were, however, sure that you were made from a broken mold, the ceramic yellowed from overuse and countless of cracks littering the surface. What great sacrifice in a past life would you have to make to be apart of the demigods, or so you called them in this lifetime, hybrids? You couldn't even imagine.

You tried your hardest, swallowing the bitter taste you never knew how to spit before it went rancid in your mouth. You weren't from the same mold, but you were you, the one from the "other" mold. Internally, you scrutinized them as if it was a conscious act for them to look like that. Their naturally athletic figure, silky hair, and appeal that anyone would want.

Ever since you were little, you were jealous of hybrids. How could you not be when they were so gorgeous, so perfect as if they were created by God himself in his little golden mixing pot to look like Demigods?

How could you compare to them when you were just a little, boring human being? You couldn't, especially with how you looked.

On a general assessment, you were ordinary, but you had a few extra lbs that you felt placed you farther under on the hierarchy of beauty. Since you were little, you had the extra chubs that some may call it cute if you were still a child. You had always thought they'll disappear as you grew older, but that wasn't the case. And at age 22, you still had a roundness to your cheeks, your thighs larger than average and some rolls on your stomach that haunted you even in your dreams. They were your insecurities. And you wouldn't hesitate to call yourself chubby, or plain out--fat.

Yes, the word 'FAT.' Just thinking about it made you cringe because you hated that word. It was a word with so much loaded meaning to you, and to be honest, it was a sensitive topic. At the same time, you've become more mature in recent years, accepting that it was a part of you and that you shouldn't see it as a flaw. And you were confident you could start losing weight as soon as you created more time to exercise instead of having your nose stuck in a book.

While other children were running around in the playground spending hours under the sun, running until their heart was nearing a geriatrics pulse, you sat away in a silent corner, turning pages of the books you stacked beside you. Indoors was safe. You would imagine that you were a princess, letting your mind go through fantasies and adventure, creating a perfect you.

Gorgeous dresses with golden threads and a knight in shining armor rescuing you from the evil dragon. Finding the lost treasure of the pirates, the chest filled with shimmering gold and wealth. Traveling in the world of magic for your adventures, fairies and gnomes running around and causing mischief, dragons taking flight into the vast sky. Indoor was the place where your mind was set free. Safe and away from other children who just couldn't understand.

Over time you realized hiding away from others had pushed you toward comforting yourself with food and novelty. You quickly put on weight because your metabolism never saw the light of the afternoon sun or an evening jog. It was just easier to bury yourself in your feelings, than having to deal with them.

Elementary, middle school all the way up to high school, just like the characters in the books, you began to change. You stopped looking in the fictional mirror, although you kept reading. The more mature your books became so did you. The only thing that didn't change was your weight. You were still the same.

You were still just plain you.

Human.