Chapter 30 | Selfish

Authors Note: So this Chapter was supposed to contain more plot and less fluff, but my brain was still stuck in fluff mode from the last Chapter so what can I say? There will be more plot in the next Chapter (shrugs). Thank-you very much for your kind comments and votes on the previous Chapters since I have begun updating again. It is lovely to read your reactions to certain parts and see my feelings mirrored in your opinions as well! My apologies that this is a little short, I wanted to get it up on time. The next one should be longer. 

Much Love,
Daisy xo

_______________________________

Chapter 30 | Selfish

*

'Aren't you afraid of darkness, my Dear?'
Hades asked with mischief in his eyes. '
No," Persephone replied, 'you haven't even seen mine yet.'
-k f g (via)

*

OBSIDIAN

He monopolised her attention for the rest of the day.

With her resting against his chest, he made no suggestion that they had any reason to move, allowing her to lounge in the hot pools until her fingers had become wrinkled and plump and her skin smooth with exfoliation. He carded his fingers through her hair rhythmically, barley aware of doing so, the golden strands slipping through his grasp like soft silk underwater and felt her sigh at the action. The steady beating of her heart that he felt under his other hand, placed on her stomach, lulled him into a meditative trance where her presence was all encompassing.

It was not often that he let himself relax in such a way, but more recently he had found that his burdens were becoming easier to share, that he was finding it easier to let others walk beside him to carry the load. Perhaps it was the presence of Zarska that allowed him this comfort now, the knowledge that even if things were to go wrong, he had the power to set it right again in an instant. Obsidian was, by no means, being arrogant. He had battled the best there was and seen where he stood in comparison. He was merely confident now that he could protect those who were most important to him, without having to stand at the wheel at all times.
He would not become complacent; however, he could allow himself this.

This being the heavenly creature in front of him that languidly stretched, rousing herself from her stupor and made a sound to suggest she was ready to leave the baths. Disrupting her only to stand, he scooped her up in his embrace, his arms keeping her warm as he waded back through the water. Entering the change rooms, he proceeded to wrap her up in fluffy white towels, one for her delectable body, soft and pliant from the heat, the other for her hair. Towelling himself quickly he offered her his assistance with the latter, her sluggish movements and injured shoulder making it awkward for her to dry and wrap the mass of golden tresses.

Hugging her to him and pressing a swift kiss to her forehead he shrugged on his robe and requested she wait for him while he went outside to tell Samson he was free to leave. Obsidian ignored the poorly disguised relief on the other Pirate's face and instead wryly suggested that perhaps the bar would be open as it was nearing midday.

"Aye, that it might Captain," Samson grumbled as he lumbered off through the snow, his grousing leaving an unintelligible trail in his wake.

Obsidian watched him until he was gone from sight, before quickly ducking back into the changing rooms to collect his Kitten. She had changed into a robe as well, white socks primly covering her feet, a towel wrapped securely around her head. She indulged him as he picked her up once again, her arms wrapping around his neck as he carried her back to their room swiftly, pausing once en route to pull another kiss from her lips, his patience non-existent.