Chapter 3 | (P.1) Something Brewing

Hey Peeps! 

Sorry for the delay, my laptop charger died and so I had to order another one! It arrived last week but by that time I was off skiing so I haven't had a chance to upload until today! I hope you will enjoy and remember to VOTE if you like the chapter!

Much, much love,
Daisy xxx

__________________________________________________________________________

AMBROSE

I hurried through the halls of the Royal Palace, Katarina hot on my heels. I glanced to the side, irked. I had not been able to shake her and it was beginning to bother me. She insisted that her only agenda was to win back my trust, but it wasn't going too well because there was not a single bone in my body that trusted her at this moment. However I was determined not to show her that she was getting to me and my face remained as devoid of all emotion as it ever was.

Halting outside the Queens room I nodded to the guard and knocked swiftly. The door opened and I stepped inside, smirking inwardly as the guard stopped Katarina from advancing any further.

"Ambrose!" She protested.

I turned and looked blankly at her. "What on earth makes you think that you are important enough to be allowed in here? You may be able to follow me everywhere, but you are still no one special.. Good day." I finished coldly, feeling extreme satisfaction as I shut the door firmly in her face.

"Not having a good day?"

I turned and bowed low to my Queen, professional as always. "Nothing that I cannot handle in time, your Majesty. You requested me?"

I rose from my bow to look her in the eyes. Evangeline was distraught and this was the only place that she could truly show it. In front of her subjects she was as strong as ever but the lines underneath her eyes were beginning to show as she whiled away night after sleepless night, worrying for her daughter.

"Has there been any news?"

"None your Highness,"

She turned away from me for a moment to stare out the window and I changed position, clasping my hands behind my back. I could never tell her about what truly happened on that mountain and what I had witnessed in the clearing with Aranel, but I knew that that information was important and needed to be relayed to the right person.

If the Queen found out about how both the Air Prince and Princess had played such a large and gristly part in Circe's disappearance, well, it would not matter how strong the ties were between the Kingdoms of Air and Water. Trust between the two Queens would be shaky and resent would rear its ugly head. We had only just reunited the pendants; I would not be the one to cause a crack in the allegiance.

But I had to confide in someone.

"I want to ask you a question." She said softly.

"Yes?"

"You once asked for my permission to go after Circe. I told you how I felt about the situation and how I did not believe that your presence was in her best interest. You went anyway, so why have you not gone after her now?"

I frowned. "I told you once I arrived back; I felt something while I was looking for her, a disturbance. I told you that I feared for our Kingdom's safety. The Great Spirits on the Other Side were not happy, I returned to warn you."

"Yes but it has been a long time since then-"

I interrupted her with a solemn stare. "If you wish for me to go, you only need to speak the words my Queen."