Chapter 9 | Acceptance

Please read the A/N at the bottom and enjoy the Chapter. Love Always xx

____________________________________________________________________________

CIRCE

I woke in the night to the light of the moon hanging over head, bloated in the star filled sky. Realising that I was alone my heart beat quickened as I looked around for him, feeling slightly panicked. I found him quickly though, he was standing down at the water's edge, staring out at the ocean.

Feeling strangely awake I got to my feet, padding down the shore until I reached him. I pressed my naked body against his back, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and kissing his skin softly. His hands came up to take mine gently and he kissed my palms before turning around to face me.

His hair, as black as the night sky, swept across his face in the slight wind and I brushed it back, stretching up to connect my lips to his. He breathed in deeply as he gathered me up and we didn't break apart for some time.

"Is something the matter?" I murmured.

His face was serious as he stroked my hair, making the motion as though to tuck it behind my ear although it wasn't long enough. "No, nothing Love, I just couldn't sleep."

I laid my head down against his warm chest and he continued to play with the curve of my ear, dropping a kiss on the top of my head as we stood in the darkness, a warm wind blowing around our bodies.

I took his hand in mind then and pulled back, a smile twitching at the corner of my lips. "Do you want to go for a midnight swim?"

His eyes flared a brighter gold for a moment. "I would go anywhere with you." He growled.

I laughed then, for what felt like the first time in a long time and danced away from him, the water rising up around my ankles. He stayed where I had left him, his golden predator eyes staring hungrily after me and I beckoned him with one finger, walking backwards until the ocean flowed around my waist.

He smiled a wide and beautiful smile and I thought I would die where I stood from the power of it. In a flash his glorious body was racing towards me and I shrieked as we collided, falling back into the warm water. I surfaced first, gasping and laughing. He appeared a few seconds later, his head whipping back to flick the hair from his face. He sunk back down into the water a little, till all I could see were his eyes and a nervous giggle burst through my lips.

"Obsidian ..."

He was approaching slowly and I resisted the urge to run, my heart beating with excitement.

"Obsidian, wait! No-"

He lunged for me, leaping out of the water like a tiger pouncing on its prey. His arms scooped me up and we spun around laughing wildly before sinking back into the ocean.

He nibbled on my ear lobe. "You should know better than to tease me like that," His voice was husky and it sent shivers down my spine. His nose brushed against the skin behind my ear and he tenderly kissed my neck.

"Do I get to see that tail of yours tonight?" He whispered softly.

I leaned back in his arms and smiled coyly. "Your wish is my command," I murmured.

A growl worked its way up out of his throat and he leaned over me, capturing my lips in a salty kiss. "Don't say things like that, it isn't fair."