Prologue | Secrets Revealed

The wait is over! Here it is peeps, the Prologue for the final book in the APK series! I know it is a little short but I hope you enjoy it and I hope it gives you some answers, (but not too many.) 

Remember that notifications, spoilers, competitions etc for this story will all be up on the Facebook fan page so if you haven't joined already please come and be a part of our Facebook community <3 The link is on my page! 
Also, some dedicated fans have posted these books on Goodreads, (link to which is on Facebook page,) so if you have a spare moment it'd be awesome if you could pop over and give them a rating/ review!! 

Happy reading!!
Lots of Love as always,
Daisy xxx

_____________________________________________________________________________

ARANEL

We are nearly there, Nelonimi. Be careful.

I clutched the precious bundle closer to my heart, feeling the smooth surface with my finger-tips. The air was cool as we flew, the sky a dark grey. I checked behind us again, paranoid that we were being followed but there was no one there.

I had not stuck around long enough to see the result of the sacrifice as much as I wanted to watch the traitor burn, the time that it offered for a clean getaway was too tempting not to take. I knew what would happen and knew that it would go smoothly, there would be no surprises, none that Zalas couldn't handle anyway. 

We had been travelling for a long time now. It was important to take a different route than normal so that we were able to shake my Brother if he decided to come after us. Part of me wanted him to. Part of me also wanted him to disappear off the face of the earth. It would make everything so much easier. I couldn't help but look over my shoulder again. He would know. He would know that I took the egg, how could he not? The traitor was no longer alive, there was no-one else for me to hide behind.

I wondered if he had told my Mother yet that it was missing, Unabonan knew, surely. And if Unabonan knew, the Dragon King knew, which meant my Mother would know also. I ran a hand through my hair. I had been aware it would be complicated, but at the time I had been so focused on carrying the plan through that I hadn't had a moment to think, a moment to analyse the enemies that we would be making. 

I glanced down at the precious egg that I held in my grasp and wondered at it's beauty. The relief that we had felt upon obtaining it at the Water Kingdom was immense. I had worried for its safety after I had first planted it on the traitor's ship; all it would have taken was for its hiding place to be discovered ... I shuddered.

There is no need to worry now Princess, Nelonimi's voice was calm. Everything worked out according to plan and the traitor paid fully for the crime that his Father committed. 

"I cannot believe that he was going to be pardoned." I said out loud. "Thank the Gods that Mother told me when she did, otherwise we would not have had time to formulate a plan before they left at the Air Kingdom, and then what would we have done?"

Hush now, remember that the traitor was still responsible for the fate of the Earth Kingdom. The Elven King would have dealt to him accordingly. And as for your other worries, there is no need, the plan will work, we have allies, we have a strategy, the hardest thing will be staying off the radar and so far we are succeeding at that as well.