"Ah!" Stephen gasped as he felt cold metal break through his skin into his vital organs.

"NOOO!" Dormammu hissed.

A white light began to glow from inside Dormammu.

Everyone was forced to look away due to the bright glow.

"No! NO! NOOO!" Dormammu cried for the last time before he expanded and evaporated into the air.

Tony sobbed, looking down at Stephen dying in his arms. He reached for Stephen's cheek with a shaky hand, with eyes full of pain. "I'm sorry...." He sobbed. "I'm sorry."

Stephen's eyes slowly began to returned to their beautiful green, looking into Tony's caressing his soft cheek. "Thank you." He whispered, his breathing turned into more of a gasping with short breaths and his eyes began to slowly fall close.

"Stephen..." Tony gasped. "No, no, no, no. Please...please!"

Stephen swallowed, giving Tony a soft smile with almost closed eyes. "Je t'aime." He whispered with his last breaths, his eyes slowly closing forever.

"No! No! No! No! No! Stephen, no. God, please. No! No!" Tony held him close, letting his tears fall into Stephen's robe, crying out in pain.

Whimpers and sobs escaped Tony's mouth. Countless tears fell out of Tony eyes.

Tony slowly began to bring the two down to the ground, laying Stephen's body on the ground once they came in contact with the pavement. He fell to his knees.

Everyone cheered.

Dormammu was no more.

Little glittering lights slowly began to fall from the sky to the city below, restoring everything that Dormammu and his war had damaged.

The lights gave life to those who lost it and restored the broken.

They had won, but at a very high price.

"Excuse me." Bruce said, pushing through the crowds to reach Tony and Stephen. "Tony!" He shouted, running to him once he finally spotted him. "What's-" He stopped when he saw him holding Stephen.

Tony continued to cry, not carrying who watched.

Bruce knelt down next to him, placing a hand on Tony's shoulder.

Tony turned to him, crying.

Bruce gave him a sad look.

Tony suddenly embraced his best friend, crying in his arms and hiding in his neck.

The rest of the Avengers gathered around them, bowing their heads.

///0///0

"Mm..." Stephen slowly opened his eyes, a smile formed on his lips and tears of joy filled his eyes. "Mom, Dad." He gasped.

A woman and a man stood in front of them.

He ran to hug them.

"We missed you son." Said the man.

"I missed you." Stephen said.

"We missed you too." Said the woman.

Stephen felt someone else hug him. He looked down to see a little girl hugging him.

An even bigger smile formed on his lips.

"Oh, Donna." He picked her up, spinning her.

The girl laughed.

"I missed you so much." He said, embracing her.

"I missed you too, Stephen." The girl said.

Stephen held her close, hiding his face in the crook of his neck, but looked up when he felt another presence.

The Ancient One stood in front of him, standing tall and proud with her arms behind her back. She had a smile on her face.

"Ancient One." He smiled, walking over to her with Donna still in his arms.

She smiled at him. "I am very proud of you, Stephen." She said. "You stood up to your fears and fought for something else other than yourself."

Stephen smiled, tears pooling in his eyes.

"Come here." The Ancient One opened her arms.

Stephen put Donna down and embraced her, tears making their way out of his eyes.

"You know I'll always be proud of you." She whispered. "And that I'll always love you."

Stephen listened.

"But you're not ready." She said.

Stephen gasped as he felt air fill his lungs, and his eyes widen as a white light settled in front of him.