Epilogue

Five years later

Five years later

The landscape outside glimmered past like the scenes of a never-ending flip book. The low rumble of the train's engine provided a pleasant background and faded into the picturesque visuals. Signs of the threateningly growing 'urbanisation' were evident as the cityscape lasted longer before shifting to the coolness of pasture. Flocks of birds and cattle wandered aimlessly over large plots of farmland. It looked as though it was taken right out of a Wordsworth's poem. One could almost imagine the melancholic melody of the solitary reaper as she worked tirelessly on one such fields.

Kira peeled her eyes away and looked over at Taehyung. He had managed to fall asleep. His shoulders heaved with every breath and his head leant heavily over the cold glass window. She sighed. It was only at moments like these that he truly looked peaceful. But these moments were hard to come by. Ever since the death of Jungkook, Taehyung was a changed man. He was not the same and he never could be. For, a part of him had perished along with Jungkook and Yeongjin in that abandoned warehouse.

Kira had seen him hours after the incident; bloody and broken. He couldn't bring himself to neither speak nor cry. They'd arranged the funeral soon after and he had managed to show up in black. And then, he vanished. For over a year, no one knew where he went or what he did. No one bothered enquiring, for they knew that he needed time to heal. Kira liked to believe that Jungkook was his soulmate. Loosing him was the kind of pain she couldn't even fathom. Taehyung was never at peace. Survivor's guilt on top of that questioned every minute of his existence. He believed this to be the god's way of punishing him for his previous crimes. His goofy carefree smiles were a myth, only to be seen at very precious occasions. Kira could only hope to be there for him when he needed warmth.

Kira was startled with the sudden onset of her phone. She answered the call only to be greeted by Jin from the other side. Ever since she moved out, phone calls had turned into their lifelines. Of course, they still saw each other everyday but that didn't stop them from calling her anyway.

"Got there yet?"

"No. We're still in train. Half an hour more to our station."

"How is he?"

"He's sleeping for now."

"Good. Guess where I am?"

"Where?"

"Wait, I'll give you a hint." Kira listened as the phone got transferred over to someone else.

"Hello?" An elderly voice spoke.

"Hello, Professor Jung." Kira smiled. "Having a good time?"

"Yes, I am! My two sons are taking me fishing." He replied excitedly.

"That's nice." Kira chuckled. "I hope the boys are not troubling you too much."

"Of course not! I-" His voice was suddenly cut off and was replaced with Hoseok's. "Oi Kira! You sound like a mom. Stop hogging our time, will you?"