Under The Weather- Part 2

The soft turn of a page beckoned Kira to come out of her deep sleep

The soft turn of a page beckoned Kira to come out of her deep sleep. It took her a long while to open her eyes and even more to adjust to the bright surroundings. She was aware of a cool cloth on her forehead while her body was tightly wrapped like a sushi in a pile of blankets.

Her gaze fell upon her handsome boyfriend; his glasses balanced on the tip of his nose as he intently read a book in hand. A goofy smile spread on her lips and she cleared her throat. He looked up at her and instead of flashing a gorgeous smile, he glared at her. This guy and his mood swings.

His look was not intense like the night before, it dimmed down to look more like he was simply putting up a show.

"You're awake." Wow, Kira thought. Not even a good morning.

"I didn't know you had glasses." She tried a smile.

"Reading."

"I didn't know you could read." Giggles erupted from her lips. The medicine was getting her high.

"I would really advice against making a joke on me now." He frowned deeper. Geez, this boy is NOT fun when he's sulky.

"Okay, let's get things straight. Why are you angry?"

"Why am I angry?" He scoffed as if the answer was so evident. "What was the one thing I asked you to do?"

"Watch some boring documentary?" Kira crinkled her forehead as she thought hard.

"No, you dimwit. I asked you to take care of yourself."

Oh.

"Now explain to me how sitting like dumb potato in a thunderstorm adds up to that."

"In my defence, it was a compulsory punishment and I didn't want to look like an idiot. I am not a coward." Kira huffed.

"Congratulations! You've successfully established that you're both." He said sarcastically.

"Hey!" she tried protesting but the cocoon held her down and she squirmed to get out of it in vain.

"And now, I am left with no choice but to take care of your sorry ass." He finished dramatically. She hated to admit it but that kind of stung.

"I am sure Jin and Hoseok can help me. I'll gladly go home."

"Uh-huh? How exactly are they going to help you all the way from Singapore?"

"They left for Singapore without me?!" Those brats, Kira thought fumingly.

Taehyung seemed triumphant as if he reasoned a major a scientific theory.

"That's okay. Namjoon would be more than happy to look after me, if not him then Jiminie." Kira nodded enthusiastically.

He paused, not having thought this through entirely. After a while, he shook his head vigorously.