FIFTY-SEVEN

"Well I've been thinking...and I think you two should break up." He says.

"What?"

"You heard me. He's not right for you. Plus you could never do a long distance relationship."

"What do you mean he's not right for me? You don't know anything about him!"

"Calm down. I know what's right for you Kaylee."

"You don't even know me anymore!" I yell. He slaps me in the face and I put my hand over my cheek. I can feel my cheek heating up by the second.

"Don't raise your voice with me Kaylee. You'll regret ever dating him. He'll break your heart."

"No he won't!"

"Your not going to be seeing him anymore. End of story." He says. I shake my head and run out of the house.

"Kaylee! Get back over here!" I hear him yell but I continue to run out of the house.

Why did I even try to get along with him?

I get in the car and drive off. I don't even know where I'm going but I just wanna be away from that house.

i speed up and reach over and pick my phone up. I begin to dial Colbys number and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Colby." I wipe a tear from my face.

"What's going on?" No answer. "Talk to me baby."

"Can I see you?" I ask.

"Of course...come over to my house." He says, and I nod.

"Okay."

"Corey is here but I can tell him to leave if you want."

"Hey!" I hear Corey yell. I can't help but giggle.

"No he's okay. I'll be over in a bit." I hang up the phone and speed over to Colbys house.

I park in his driveway, and take the keys out of the ignition. I walk into the house without knocking. Tears are streaming down my face. I try to stop but I can't help it.

"Kaylee?" Colby turns towards me. He gets up from the couch and rushes over to me. I wrap my arms around him and I lay my head on his chest. He takes a second but eventually wraps his arms around me.

"What happened?" He whispers.

"It's my dad." I wipe a tear and look up at him. I see anger wash over him so I grab his hand tightly to calm him down.

"What did he do?" He asks angrily.

"He...he doesn't want me to see you anymore..." I say, and he stays silent for a moment.

"He's not telling us to do shit."

"What would be do if he f-"

"He won't find out. And if he does he won't be able to lay a hand on you without me beating the shit out of him." He says and I don't say anything.

"He doesn't love you like I do Kaylee. I can protect you." He kisses the top of my head and tightens his grip around me.

"I love you Colby." I say and look up at him. I look over and see Corey. He stands up and makes his way over. Colby lets go of me and Corey hugs me tightly.

"I'm sorry Kaylee." He says.

"It's okay." I wipe my face from the tears from before.

Colby really knows how to calm me down.

"I'm sorry guys...I shouldn't be running to you with my problems..." I say with a small fake laugh.

"What are you talking about Kaylee? This is or relationship we're talking about."

"I know but-"

"Kaylee, even if it wasn't about our relationship I'd still be here for you. You know that." Colby says.

"All of us guys are." Corey adds.

"How am I gunna leave you?"

"Don't think about it right now." He says.

"We'll obviously visit." Corey says.

"Can all of the guys come over?" I ask.

"Yeah, ill call them." He takes out his phone and I sit on the couch. I put my face in my hands.

I feel like I'm overreacting...

Finally I hear knocks on the door. I look up and see Sam, Jake, and Brennen walk in.

"Hi." I smile. Sam comes straight of to me and hugs me.

"Hey sam." I giggle.

Jake and Brennen also hug me.

"Did you tell them everything or?.." I ask because of how sympathetic they are acting.

"Yeah." Colby says.

"Fuck your dad." Brennen says and sits next to me.

"No kidding." I sigh.

"We need to do something fun before you leave. Something we won't forget." Jake says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"We'll find out." He says.

"We cant sit around depressed until you leave. We need to have fun...stupid fun." Sam says.

"Stupid fun?"

"Illegal." He says.

"When are we not doing something illegal?" Brennen asks.

"True." Sam says, and I giggle.

"You know where I'm getting at. We cant waste time with you." Sam says.

I'm schocked at how much they actually care.

Authors note: I reallllly hate this chapter sorry guys.

Y'all know if I give you a shitty chapter it's just a fill in for a good chapter coming🤪