THIRTY-NINE

I see Kacey walking down the hallway, and I roll my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm here to see Kaylee before lunch is over." She says.

"Well, shes with a nurse so I doubt your gunna see her."

"Why's a nurse with her? Is she okay?"

"Quit acting like you care, cause I know you don't." I say, and her jaw drops.

"I do to! Why would I be here?"

"That's what I'm wondering." Sam says, and I smile.

"Well, why is the nurse in there?" She asks.

"I don't know..she asked us to leave. She's probably just getting checked up on I don't know." I answer.

——

KAYLEE'S LOV-

"Well, looks like your going to be out of here in about a week. You got very lucky Kaylee." She smiles, and I give her a fake smile.

She walks out of the room, and I hear her talking to the guys, I don't know what she's saying, but I don't care enough to know right now.

"Well, we've gotta go to school, but ill see you after school since it's my turn." Jake says, as they all walk in. I see Kacey, and I roll my eyes.

They all say goodbye, and leave, except for Colby.

The room goes silent.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." He smiles, and sits on the couch.

Things suddenly feel weird between us, and I don't know why. I thought things were okay. I wonder what happened.

COLBYS POV-

Flashback...

Kacey pulls me away from the group, and I look at her confused.

"I know how you feel about her Colby, but you can't have her. You have me." She says, and I glare at her.

"I know I can't have her."

"No you don't, and you need to understand-"

"She told me that she doesn't have any feelings for me." I say, and she tries not to laugh.

"I knew this would happen if I left you two alone."

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw the way you were looking at her yesterday. You love her Colby, but she will never love you." She says, and I take a deep breath, and try not to do anything stupid.

"I know." I don't make eye contact with her.

——

KAYLEE'S POV-

He stays silent.

"What's wrong?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Nothing."

"Is it because of-"

"No. I'm good.." He says, and I sigh.