FOURTY-SEVEN

I get up from my bed, and get ready for school.

I'm still not used to living with Jake and it's been a week already. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, just it doesn't feel like home yet.

COLBYS POV-

"Sooo.. you and Kaylee are like.. a thing now?" Kacey asks, and I nod.

"Isn't that what I just said?"

"What are people going to think? Everyone thinks we are dating."

"No one thinks we're dating Kacey." I say.

"Well, you cant date her."

"What makes you think you can tell me if I can date her or not?" I ask.

"Your dating me. You know I have stuff against you."

"What I did honestly isn't a big deal at all. People do it all the time." I say, and she raises her eyebrows at me.

"Not as bad as you do it. You've probably killed people without knowing it."

"I don't kill them. They kill theirselves."

"Colby. You know how long you can go to jail for? It's a long time."

"I'm not getting caught. Plus I hardly even do it that much anymore."

"Can't your parents easily hear us right now?" She asks.

"Have I said anything wrong?" I ask, and she rolls her eyes.

"Plus, you've done it to." I say.

"Not as much as you."

"It doesn't matter how much you do it Kacey. I'm done acting like your boyfriend, because you can't snitch on me for something you've done too." I say, and she groans.

"Does that mean I can stop acting like I like Kaylee?" She asks.

"What are you talking about?" I say confused.

"You really think I actually like her? I never will."

"Then why are you acting nice to her?"

"Because. If I get close enough to her. She'll trust me. If I tell her what you've done. She won't question me once about it."

"That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard." I shake my head.

"You think? Why don't I just go tell her now?" She starts to walk off, and I grab her hand.

"Stop." I pull her back, and she smirks.

"That's what I thought." She walks downstairs, and I walk her out to her car.

"Your not telling her." I say, and she nods.

"Not yet." She drives off, and all I can do is hope. I don't know what Kaylee would think of me if she found out. I roll my eyes, and walk back inside to get ready to leave for school.

——

KAYLEES POV-

I drive off to school with Jake. Lately me and Jake have just been going to school in my Jeep because mine as well.

I walk up to my locker with Jake, and Colby is already there.

"Hey." I smile, and he hugs me. He kisses my forehead, which surprised me, since were at school and that whole Kacey deal.

"Imma go talk to Sam." Jake says, with a confused look on his face. I nod, and he walks off.

"I was thinking, maybe we should go out. Just me and you." He says, and I smile.