FIFTY-FIVE

I wake up in Colbys bed, and I turn to him.

He's sound asleep with his arm draped around me.

"Colby." I say quietly. He groans and tightens his arm around me.

"Good morning." I giggle.

"What time is it?" He asked. His eyes still closed. I reach for my phone and see that it's 10am.

"Shit."

"We missed school didn't we." He asks and I nod.

"Good. I don't wanna go."

"We probably should." I say.

"No. Stay here." He tightens his grip around me and closes his eyes again. I sigh and lay with him for a bit till his sleepy ass finally woke up.

"What do you wanna do today?" Colby asks while he continues cooking us breakfast.

"I don't know." I say, and look down at the floor.

"Let's just hang around here today?"

"Sure." I say, and continue to stare at the floor.

"Talk to me." He says and walks up to me.

"About what?" I look up.

"You look upset." He says, leaning in from the other side of the island.

"Well yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Just don't think about it." He pecks my lips and a small smile grows on my face.

"It's hard not to."

"I know. I'm trying my best not to." He says and gives me a weak smile before handing me my plate and sits across from me.

——

"Why weren't you two at school today?" Sam asks, and throws his backpack on Colbys couch.

"We slept in." He says and Sam rolls his eyes.

"You know how awkward English was without you?" Sam asks, and I giggle. All we do during that class is talk to each other.

"Clara tried talking to me."

"Ew I'm sorry." I make a face.

"Yeah. I guess she misses you or some shit. I wasn't really listening." He says, and bites into a granola bar he was eating.

"I bet she does." I roll my eyes and sit down on the couch.

"Oh I forgot about that bitch." Colby says, walking into the living room.

"Colby." I give him a 'stop' look.

"What? Your old friends left you behind because you talked to us. I don't think you should be standing up for them. I'm definitely not."

"I'm not standing up for her." I say.

"Good." He says and I shake my head lightly.

"When are you leaving?" Sam asks.

"In July."

"Shit..."

"Yup." I say and nod my head.

——

I walk out of class with Sam, and I see Kacey and Colby talking.

Me and her haven't talked considering the whole deal that had happened.

"Don't talk to me." Colby shakes his head and walks off.

"Wonder what that was about." Sam says.

"Same.."

COLBYS POV-

"So I hear Kaylees leaving. What a shame." Kacey says, showing up out of nowhere.

"What?" I stop walking and look at her.

"You heard me. When she leaves you'll finally come back to me." She smirks. "You know you miss me." She whispers in my ear, and I push her off of me.

"Nothing is happening between us."

"You sure?" She smiles.

"Just because she's moving doesn't mean we're breaking up." I say, and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Long distance relationship? I know you. You could never keep one of those."

"What are you talking about?" I say angrily.

"You'll go hoeing around again. When she's not around you'll go back to your old self. I can see it happening."

"Don't talk to me." I shake my head, and walk off to my next class. Gym.

I walk in the locker room, and see Jake.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi." I throw my stuff in my locker, and he looks at me confused.

"You good?"

"I'm fine." I say.

KAYLEES POV-

Kacey walks past me, and she sends me a devilish grin. I furrow my eyebrows and continue to walk.

I'm not gunna miss her.

Authors note: here's a short chapter:/