FOURTY-NINE

"You better hurry or ill start the movie without you!" I yell.

"Chill, I'm coming." Jake runs in with his arms full of snacks and whiskey.

"Of course you chose whiskey as a "movie snack"." I say.

"Says the one with a drinking problem." He says, and my jaw drops.

"I don't!-" The door opens, revealing Jakes parents. I make sure the whiskey is behind me so they can't see.

"We'll be back by no later that three AM." His mom says, and I smile and nod.

"K mom." Jake tries to keep it short.

"Be safe." His dad closes the door, and I sigh.

I guess his parents have somewhere important to go but me and Jake weren't listening when they told us.

We listen for the front door to open and close, and Jake grabs the remote.

"Stranger things." Jake says quietly when he clicks on it.

"How have you not watched it yet?"

"Because I was waiting to watch it with you and you watched it alone. Remember?" He says, and I laugh.

"Oops." I say, and open a bag a chips. Jake grabs the whiskey, and starts drinking from the bottle.

"What's the point of watching this if your going to forget it anyway?" I ask, and he flips me off.

I take the remote, and turn the tv to YouTube. He looks at me confused.

"What are you doing?"

"Lets do something fun." I put music on full blast, and take Jakes hand. I make him stand up, and I go downstairs. The music was so loud you could hear the music very clearly down there.

"Red nose? Really?" He asks when he realizes what song is playing.

"Give me that." I take the whiskey, and I start chugging it.

"Damn Kaylee, save some for me." He snatches it out of my hand and I laugh.

"How is this any more fun than stranger things?" He asks.

"Because." I take his hands and swing him around to try and make him dance but he hardly moves.

"Your a buzzkill." I say, and he rolls his eyes.

"No. I'm not." He starts chugging the whiskey, and I laugh.

"Chug chug chug!" I yell.

——

I make my way to my locker, and Colby and Kacey are there.

"Just dont fuckin talk to her." I hear Colby say through his teeth.

"Excuse me." I push them out of the way so I could get into my locker. "Don't talk to who?" I ask, and they go silent.

"No one. Uhh so are you still open for tonight?" She asks. I look at Colby and he's eyeing me already.

"Sorry I can't tonight but another time?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah sure." She smiles and I smile back.

"I'm gunna go to class." She says, and walks off.

"Bye." I wave, and turn to Colby. He's glaring at her, and I roll my eyes.

"Are you guys good?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I catch you glaring at her all the time." I say.

"Well, She kinda forced me to date her." He says, and he kinda seems annoyed.