THIRTY-EIGHT

"I um- I'm sorry, I just-"

"Colby, shut up." She giggles, and I don't know what to say.

"Do you?.."

"Colby, I thought we agreed that this is just a deal... meaning no strings attached..." She says, and I'm still lost for words.

I thought that she felt the same.

"Yeah I know." I look down.

"Im sorry Colby... I don't know what to say-"

"You don't have to say anything. I don't know why I said that." I say, and she gives me an  'I'm sorry' look.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me lately...what made me think saying that would be good for me in anyway.

"Colby."

"Yeah?"

"Don't make this awkward cause it's not." She says, and I can't help but smile.

"So we're still good?" I ask, and she nods.

"Of course." She lays her head back on my chest, and looks at the tv. I take a deep breath, and put my arm around her, and slowly fall asleep.

KAYLEES POV-

I lay there, thinking about what just happened,  not paying attention to what's on the tv at all.

I never thought this day would come. We both agreed on have no feelings for eachother. I never knew he felt that way.

I still don't know what to do, because I feel like, even though we said we're good, things will get weird between us some how. And I don't want that to happen.

I hate myself for reacting like that, but I didn't want to lie to him. I love him too much in a friend way to loose him.

I look up at him, and he's sound asleep.

I can't help but realize how adorable he is, but I push that thought out of my head, and close my eyes.

——

I wake up to Colby getting out of the bed. I look over at him, and he smiles.

"I need to get to school, but if you want me to stay I will."

"No, don't skip school for me." I say, and he picks up his bag.

He's about to walk out, and I stop him.

"Umm, What the fuck do you think your doing?"

"Leaving?"

"Without a goodbye?" I ask, and he sighs, and smiles again. He walks up to me, and gives me a hug. He kisses me on the cheek, and says.

"I'll be here for lunch." He's about to walk out, and he stops.

"Fuck." He says under his breath.

"I don't think I can go to school for awhile."
He chuckles, and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"And who said that?"

"I bet the school will. I've been ignoring all my calls n shit so I bet one of them was from the school."

"Colby, at least try going to school."

"Can I go to jail for the fight?" He asks, and I laugh.

"No colby! Go to school!"

"But he passed out."

"Get your ass over here."
I roll my eyes, and he walks over.

"Your going to school tomorrow."
I say.

"Ok mom." He jokes, and I roll my eyes.

I'm glad nothing feels weird between us.

——

I hear a knock on the door. I'm about to get up, and Colby stops me.

"Woah woah woahhh. Sit your ass down."
He says, and opens the door. All the guys walk in, and I smile wide.

They all give me hugs, and Jake hands me a bag.

"We got you Taco Bell so you don't have to eat the nasty food here." He says, and I smile.

"Thankyou."

I'm about to begin eating when the door swings open. My dad runs in, and my eyes widen. He looks upset.

"Hey dad." I smile.

"What the fuck happened!? You owe me an explanation." He says. Jake stands up, and I give him a look, telling him to stay out of it.

"Dad-"

"I told you to stay out of these stupid fights! I'm not surprised you disobeyed me again."

"Seriously. Not here-"

"It's your own fuckin fault your in this mess." He cuts me off once again. I don't even try to talk.

"Can you not talk to her like that?" Colby says, and my eyes widen.

"Guys, please don't."

"Your daughter just got fuckin stabbed, and you've got the nerve to act like this?" Corey says, standing up.

"Oh, so you think your tough?" My dad walks towards him, and I try my best to get out of the bed. I surprisingly stand up, and stand infront of my dad.

"Leave." I say. My dad shakes his head at me.

"If you think I'm going to let you talk to my friends like this, well you've got a lot coming."

"Kaylee. I am your father."

"She said leave." Sam says.

I could tell my dad was drunk. I'm not surprised.

"If your friends are so important to you, then why don't you just live with them?"

"What?"

"You heard me. Your out." He says, and my jaw drops.

"Dad, I think that's a little too far."

"We'd be honored." Jake says.

"Perfect."He walks out of the room, and I stand there, not knowing what the fuck just happened. I feel the urge to cry, but relief at the same time.

"Kaylee, I'm so-"

"Don't be." I sit on my bed, and lay back down. I'm in so much fuckin pain right now.

I put my face in my hands, and try my best not to cry infront of them.

Jake comes, and sits down next to me, putting his arm around me.

"You know you could always stay with me. Who needs your dad anyway?" I look up at him, and he smiles.

"Jake, Thankyou for the offer, but I don't think you want that." I say, and he shakes his head.

"Of course I do."

"I'm not going back to get my stuff." I say.

"We can get your stuff." Sam says.

"No...it's okay you don't have to do that. I'm sure my dad will change his mind, he was just drunk." I say, and try to make myself feel better about the situation.

I hear the door open, and I groan. Can people knock?

The nurse walks in, and smiles.

"Can you boys step out please?" She says. The guys nod, and walk out.

COLBYS POV-

I don't know what's up with my feelings lately. Did it really take her getting stabbed, for me to realize I had feelings for her?

I've never felt like this for a girl...

"What's up?" Sam asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"You look pretty upset." He says.

"I'm fine..." I sit on one of the chairs, and put my face in my hands.

——

Authors note: Writers block is a real thing I-