FIFTY-SIX

It feels like lately the weeks have been going by faster which isn't a good thing. The day I leave is coming too fast. School ends next week.

I of course have been spending most of my time with the guys and no one else.

"I don't think we should do this." I say worriedly.

"Your fine Kaylee."

"It's gunna hurt." I say, and turn back towards him.

"You gave me one!" He says, and I sigh.

"Did it hurt?" I ask.

"No, now turn around." He says, and I lay on my stomach. He puts his hand on the back of my thigh.

"Of course it hurt." He says before putting the needle up to my thigh.

"Colby!" I shut my eyes tight and grip onto the bed sheets.

"Your fine, I'll hurry." He chuckles.

"It's not funny." I burry my face into the bed sheets.

I try my best not move with each poke.

He takes a towel, and wipes it down.

"Okay. Done." He finally says about 20 minutes later.

"Why'd it take so long!? How big is it?" I go up to the mirror, and try to read it.

I squint and see that it says MINE in all caps.

"Mine?" I ask.

"Yup." He smiles.

"Why'd you put MINE on my body? Permanently." I ask.

"So if you try to mess with any guys while your in New York, they'll know your mine. Not theirs."  He says. I roll my eyes and smile.

"You like it?"

"I love it." I smile.

"Well what does this mean?" He sticks his arm out so I can see the tattoo I gave him on his wrist.

"You seriously don't know?" I ask.

"No. You put a bunch of lines how am I supposed to know?"

"Its Roman numerals." I say.

"I'm not following..." He looks at me confused, and I roll my eyes.

"It's the day we started that stupid deal. In Roman numerals."

"If you think the deal was so stupid then why'd you put the date we started it on my wrist permanently?" He asks.

"Shut up. Thats how we started. It's important to me." I point at myself.

"Why'd you call it stupid then?" He asks, and I lightly push him.

"Shut upppp!" I say, and he laughs.

"I still can't believe that's how our relationship started." He shakes his head.

"I can't believe that's how the group started." I say with a laugh.

"Well, I'm glad it did." He pulls me close to him, and he kisses my forehead.

"And I'm glad I got this tattoo." He says, and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you." I say, and he tightens his grip around me.

"I'm going to miss you too." He whispers.

——

I walk into school with Jake only to see that Kacey is talking with Colby again. I hear Kacey flirting with him so I make my way over.

"Hey baby." I put my arms around Colby, and he smiles.

"Hey." He looks down at me before we both look up at Kacey. She has a disgusted look on her face.

"You can continue with your conversation. Just pretend I'm not here." I say, and she rolls her eyes.

"I don't think you wanna hear it. You might get a little upset." She says with a grin. She looks at Colby, and Colby shakes his head at her.

"Oh, I heard it all before." I say.

"Quit trying sweetie. He's all mine." I say, referring to my tattoo that she doesn't know about. Colby smirks at me.

"Not for long." She says.

"You think that you can just force him to be your boyfriend and expect to come back to you. That's not how things work." I say with a laugh.

She seems like she has no idea what to say.

"Just leave Kacey." Colby says. She rolls her eyes and storms off while she holds her middle finger in the air.

"Sorry about that." He says looking down at me.

"It's all good." I say. He's about to kiss me but we're cut off by Jake.

"Ew." He gags, and Colby rolls his eyes.

"Seriously Jake." I say, and he laughs.

"Why do you have to do this everywhere you go?"

"Get a girl and you'll know." I say, completely forgetting how much of a fuckboy he used to be. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Whatever. Let's get to class." I say, and they walk me to my class where Sam is waiting for me.

"Why do you get here so early?" I ask.

"Why do you get here so late?" He asks.

"I get here right on time." I say as the bell rings.

"Rarely."

"Whatever."

——

I walk into my dad house and put my keys on the key holder.

"Kaylee!" My dad yells from the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"Get up here!" He yells. I kick my shoes off and walk up the steps.

"I need to talk to you about something." He says.

"What now?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I wanted to talk to you about your boyfriend...what's his name again?" He asks.

"Colby." I say angrily.

"Well, I've been thinking... I think you two should..."

——

Authors: I LOVE CLIFFHANGERS🤪