CHAPTER 1 - Good Bye, Summer

Hamptons 2010.

Carlie Ashley Everett was up to her old antics again making out with the cute lifeguard that was on duty trying to make her boyfriend, Garrett Cole Hawthorne super jealous.

While Carlie was making out in the life guard house, Garrett was standing near the ocean tossing the old pig skin with Adam Patrick Gates and Nicholas "Nick" John Parker and saw the whole thing. Brooke Amanda Walker and Tiffany Victoria McAllister were sunbathing in the beach and swapping stories of their own.

Then when Carlie wrapped her legs around the cute life guard, Garrett started walking towards them with an unpleasant face. When he reached the life guard house he crossed his arms and made a face.

"Someone's drowning over there!" Garrett said in annoyance and the life guard sprung into action and headed to where Garrett was pointing. Carlie wiped her mouth and looked at Garrett. "Nice going." She said and started walking towards Brooke and Tiffany.

"Not so fast, Carls." He said and grabbed her wrist. "You got me, I'm jealous. I told you I was sorry." He said. "Sorry for making out with that waitress? Or the part where you fucked her?" She retorted and then continued walking away. Garrett shook his head and chuckled a little before rejoining the boys.

"I'm back!" Carlie said. "How was the life guard?" Tiffany asked. "Better than Garrett?" Brooke chimed in. "Surprisingly touchy but sadly not better than Garrett." Carlie replied. "Ugh are you two fighting again?" Tiffany asked. "G slept with some waitress." Brooke said. "What? Is this some sick game you two are playing?" Tiffany asked.

Carlie didn't say anything. Then the boys approached them. "Hello ladies! May I interest you for a dip on the beach?" Nick joked. "What do you want?" Brooke asked. Garrett kept on smiling and looking at Carlie while Adam sat next to Brooke. "Tiff, I was wondering if we're still on for that date tonight?" Nick asked. Carlie and Brooke teased Tiffany. "Of course." Tiffany replied with a laugh. Then Nick kissed Tiffany's cheek and sat in front of her.

Garrett sat next to Carlie but completely ignored him. "You still can't be mad at me, can you?" He asked but there was no answer. "I said I was sorry. I'm sorry. It didn't mean anything." He said. "If it didn't mean anything, why do it?" She retorted. "I thought we broke up." He said. "You're so fucking pathetic." She retorted.

"Me? Pathetic? Lets not forget you're no walk in the park either." He said. "What does that even mean?" She asked. "You make out with everybody!" He said. "But at least I never sleep with them!" Carlie quipped. "That was one time, like a long time ago." He defended himself. "Long time ago? That was like last week you asshole! And let's not forget about the other women you fucking slept with while we were together." She raised her voice. Garrett didn't wanna dwell on it anymore and so he gave in. "How can I make it up to you?" He asked. "You can't." She replied and he rolled his eyes. He knows she'll come around eventually.

So their group or as their peers have named them, "The Elites" discuss their end of the summer activities before going back to New York and start their first day as freshmen in college.

"The polo game is tomorrow and the white party is on Saturday." Adam said. "Man, how time flies so fast." Brooke said while texting with someone on her phone. "I know! I can't believe we just graduated." Nick said. "Small applause for our valedictorian, Carlie Everett!" Tiffany said with a laugh. Carlie blushes, "Thank you, I love you all!" She said.

"So who's against who tomorrow?" Carlie asked. "Garrett, Nick and I and some other people against Leo, Freddy and Rapha's team." Adam answered. "Leo? As in Leo Walter Campbell?" Brooke asked. "Ooohhh why so interested Brooke?" Carlie teased. "Nothing!" Brooke said with a smile. "Fred Davenport is playing?" Garrett asked and Adam nodded. "Raphael Montgomery is playing too." Adam said. "The hot head?" Carlie said and the boys nodded.