CHAPTER 13 - The Sweetest Thing

"I know right? I couldn't stop laughing at the guy with the 'ragrets' tattoo." Carlie said while laughing. "Oh my god yeah! That was the best part." Kevin replied and kept laughing. Then they laughed for a while before settling down, "Awe thanks for taking me out to see We're The Millers, Kev." Carlie said and rolled on one side of her bed while holding her phone as she FaceTime's Kevin. "It was my pleasure." He replied. "You really cheered me up." She said. "Well I just wanted you to de stress for a while after doing so much school work." He replied. "How very thoughtful of you." She said with a smile. Kevin smiled as well, "Awe I just wanna hug you right now." He said. Carlie blushed some more, "Well you can... You can come over." She said.

Tiffany walks past her room and sees Carlie red like a tomato, Carlie sees her and smiled and she smiles back then goes down to the living room. Carlie closes her door and goes back to her bed.

Kevin smiled, "As much as I would love to, I have a paper due to tomorrow." He said. "Don't you have a plate due tomorrow also?" He asked. Carlie pouts, "Yeah, but I finished it yesterday." She replied. "Oh wow, what a good student." He said and Carlie pouts. Kevin smiled, "Stop pouting you look too cute." He flirted. Carlie laughs and blushes, "C'mon I miss you already." She said. Kevin couldn't help but smile, "I miss you too." He said. Tiffany opens the door, "But you two just saw each other earlier today!" She said.

Carlie and Kevin laugh then she throws a pillow, Tiffany catches it, throws it back and closes Carlie's door

Kevin laughs, "I'll tell you what, I'll finish my paper over there and keep you company. Would that be okay?" He asked. "Yaaaaay! Okay, I can't wait!" She said. He smiled, "Alright, I'll come over in a bit I'll just grab my stuff." He said. "Okay, see you." She replied and they both dropped the call.

Carlie happily screams into her pillow and kept blushing as she kept thinking about Kevin. She then walks to Tiffany's room where she saw her doing her paper in her laptop. Carlie leans on the doorframe, "What do you want?" Tiffany asked as she noticed her presence still not breaking contact from the screen of her laptop. "How long is that paper exactly?" She asked. "Quite long." Tiffany replied. Then she looked back and faced Carlie, "Why?" She asked. "I invited Kevin over..." Carlie replied. "What? Why?" Tiffany asked. "Because I miss him, duh." Carlie replied. "But you just watched a movie with him earlier today..." Tiffany said. "Yeah... So...?" Carlie replied. "You do know that Kevin needs to study right?" Tiffany asked. "Yeah but he's smart, he can do anything." Carlie replied. "And he says no to me if he really needed to focus on doing school work." She added. Tiffany was about to say something but couldn't as she knew Carlie was right, "You got a point." She gave in.

The doorbell rings, "Speak of the devil!" Carlie said. "Wow he got here real fast." Tiffany replied. Then Carlie went down to open the door, only to find Kevin bringing a backpack, while typing something on his laptop. "Hi!" Carlie greets. Kevin looks up and Carlie grabs him and pulls him inside then kisses him. Kevin smiled and pulled away, "Hello to you too!" He said. Then Carlie wraps her arms around him, "I only have a few paragraphs left and then I can entertain you." He said while still typing with one hand. Carlie lets go of him and they settle into the living room, Kevin sits down and doesn't stop typing. "Do you need anything?" Carlie asked as she starts walking to the kitchen. "Nope, I'm good." He said and continues to write.